Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2021, 03:21 PM   #1

Front brake line routing Brozz?

I've watched several videos that Jeff Poucher from Peace has posted on YouTube, and I sure do appreciate them, especially the one were he sorts the bolts. I have noticed that , front brake line routing is different in each of these videos. I assume that the routing has changed due to unforeseen problems that may have developed with some methods of routing this line, but I don't know. The earliest video has him routing the line under the light if I'm remembering correctly, another short video on assembly tips has him kind of tucking it in behind the light from the top, and also addresses the routing through the fork guard plastic. On the latest one on assembly he runs it over toward the clutch side of the handle bars, and uses a large,and evidently included zip tie to attach it to the handle bars. I think it would look better under the light,but I want to do what's best for safety, as well as what's best for the longevity of the brake line. How did those of you who assembled you own bikes route your front brake line?

Old 02-21-2021, 08:28 PM   #2

I ran mine up and over the gauges. It always was out of the way and never interfered with my view. It did mildly interfere with installing the key.
Here a pic but I just installed a new master cylinder tonight. My brake line isn’t connected at the end like a stock unit is, but to the front of the master cylinder. This caused my brake kind to be pushed back away from the key hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FAC87688-2C35-41F6-9A2C-06919B0A2285.jpeg (107.3 KB, 115 views)
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 02-21-2021, 09:53 PM   #3

I ran mine under the light. No problems and looks better.
As long as you make sure to not kink it or jam it too tight it'll be fine.