Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #1

Stopped in at the Local M/Cycle Shop..

Blustery cold day here in NePa, thought I'd check the shop and see the inventory. Turns out they had a variety of XT's and KLX's, most new but some used. Since the only dirt riding I did was 2 years ago in the Mojave desert on a KTM 300 and was thoroughly impressed, it seemed like a good idea to spend some time here. Prices ranged from $ 3900 to $ 6000 and those were asking prices. What I noticed the most was the seats. Really narrow and really stiff.. Then I thought of the Brozz ( I think ) and the softer memory foam seat. At least some called it that.

Admittedly, the desert was probably 60/40 standing vs sitting in full leather gear, throttle half to intermittent WO I certainly wasn't concentrating on comfort, just hanging on the bars and having the time of my life. So it turns out upon reflection that if I'm to ride on the street 60 to 70 percent of the time I sure as heck want a softer ride than what I felt today on the KLX's and the XT's. These meandering thoughts and a couple of bucks buys you a coffee..

Old 02-08-2020, 08:18 PM   #2

The big brands get you not only on the initial price, but also on 'extras' such as a rack and aftermarket seat.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #3

The seat on the Brozz is the best seat I've ever had on a motorcycle. My KLX400 and 250 were planks of wood by comparison.
1991 Voyager XII

Old 02-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJboughtamoto View Post
The seat on the Brozz is the best seat I've ever had on a motorcycle. My KLX400 and 250 were planks of wood by comparison.

Knowing my past riding habits it's actually humorous to think the seat comfort would play a semi major role in the future purchase.