Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #1

hi from italy

Hello everyone, i am Alessandro and i come from italy .I recently bought an orion 200 for a few euros and I have in mind some things to do on the bike. I hope you can help me on some problems I have about the world of Chinese vertical motors.
the first of all is... the maximum size of the carburetor that I can adopt because the previous owner has lost pieces of the pz30 so I would like to change it and I found good deals on carburetors from 28 to 34 mm..

(i doint know if I have to create a thread)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191027_160803.jpg (92.7 KB, 453 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191027_160850.jpg (102.3 KB, 443 views)

Old 10-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #2

What model is that, it's pretty cool looking! You have a CG 200 motor. Without head work, a pod, and an exhaust, it'd be advisable to just get either another PZ30 or a VM26 knockoff, as bigger isn't always better with carbs. You could get away with a 28mm carb, but I'd at least change the exhaust and intake then.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply

this bike is better in pictures than live.it very heavy, like 90-95kg(198 lb), frame and fork made of steel.footboards steel. but i like it .maybe I'll try to transform many aluminum parts.

I imagined that a 30 mm was already at the limit. pitbike 160 with 15hp engines use 26-28mm .. I will measure the ducts because I would like to maintain an aspiration without too many changes in section. for example: if the manifold is 26 or 27 carburetor of 28. i have a pod and the exhaust is without obstructions. I will certainly try to shorten the intake manifold,I don't like the current curve. Is the pz or vm more stable? I have another question, I hope not to disturb. but are the cg200-type blocks more reliable and resistant than the 160cc pitbike blocks with horizontal motors? grazie ancora. thanks again

Old 10-29-2019, 11:29 AM   #4

The vertical CG engines are extremely bullet proof in terms of reliability. In some ways they are a little more archaic in terms of engine design with their single cam lobe and pushrod valvetrains, but it is an engine design that Honda developed for survival in harsh conditions with low maintenance. The trade off is that they won't make as much peak power as the OHC motors, but they make up for it with solid lower and mid RPM torque.

As far as carb choices go, Franque is 100% on point. The PZ30 and VM26 clone carbs are just about the right size for the 200cc CG engines. Even though they are "30mm" at the flanges, realistically they flow more like a 28mm carburetor thanks to their venturi at the throttle slide. If you were looking for a smooth bore carburetor, then I would suggest no larger than a 30mm such as my PE30 or a PWK30 style carb, but as he said, without supporting mods you may be left feeling underwhelmed a bit.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 11-05-2019, 07:34 PM   #5

Thanks again for the answer. I will begin the transformation into motard as soon as I can find the time. I found the front and rear forks that I have to adapt. I will try to open a topic with photos and descriptions as soon as possible.

grazie ancora