Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2021, 12:28 PM   #1

Intro from Noob UK based

Hi Folks, found this forum and hopefully it will be useful / informative.
I'm UK based, currently living in the burbs of London, but just about to move out into the sticks, North Kent. The new house will have a garage, so I am keen to get myself a new bike, sold my last bike about four years ago.

The Chinese made bikes seem to be more popular here in the UK now, so I've been eyeing up what bargains are around. Just looking at the moment, but hope to buy my next bike before the winter sets in.

In the past I've had a few bikes Honda's, Kwaks and Suzuki's, but prices have shot up in the last few years!

Anyway I hope to contribute as well as read stuff on here, cheers

Last edited by pjgtech; 06-29-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #2

Welcome Aboard!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #3

Welcome!! What kind of bike are you looking for?

Old 06-30-2021, 12:49 PM   #4

Hi, Just a commuter really, I'm about to move house and I will be 40 miles from where I work and half of it will be via motorway, I normally drive a car, so I'm looking at a smallish (300cc) bike just to commute on but that I can also have a ride out on at the weekend. I don't want a 125cc as IMHO it would struggle with the motorway part of the journey.

I've been looking at the Mutt Mongrel 250cc, Bullit Bluroc 250cc, the Sinnis Terrain T380 and the Zontes Z310. Also been looking at the Lexmoto Pegasus 300 scooter....

I've had bigger European bikes, but just want a smaller, cheaper, simpler bike now.

Cheers

Old 07-01-2021, 12:37 AM   #5

Welcome to here! On my father's side, all my close relatives live in Faversham, Kent. I have been to the UK numerous times growing up, but unfortunately have not been back since 1994.

You have some nice Chinese bikes to choose from. The Zontes 310 looks like a fun bike, but I like to think practicality, and it does not look like you can really strap anything to it. We have the RX3 250 and RX4 450, but it appears that you guys have the 400 engine we never got, although our importer thought about it. I do like the fact that the RX3 comes with luggage We have the same bike as the Bullitt Bluroc but sold by a US importer--made by Italjet in China and VERY stylish. My only concern is that seat for 40 miles. Not sure about the Mutt because of the seat, and it just looks like it would give you more of the 'Chinese' experience meaning everything but the engine will give you issues. It looks like a great bike for short distances, however, but I am basing my opinion on looks alone, and you might have access to actual reviews that prove me wrong. I would definitely consider the scooter, however, as a commuter. That is because I am 51 years old and lazy, which make scooters that much more desirable to me. Plus, I am guessing it will be the most comfortable. Lexmoto has a good reputation from all the Brits we have had as members. Which brings me to dealer network. I know that Lexmoto, Sinnis, and Zontes have had a presence in UK, and proper dealer networks, at least a few years ago. I would definitely take dealer network into consideration. Have fun choosing!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-01-2021, 08:40 AM   #6

The Sinnis Terrain T380 and the Zontes Z310 would be my first choices. Both are ADV bikes. The Sinnis is basically the 380cc variant of the Zonshen RX4. The Zontes is a little smaller, so might have to work a little harder on the motorway. Looks like luggage is optional with the Sinnis, and there are mounting points for the Zontes to take luggage, which in turn, you could get the Tourfella luggage for cheap. Third would be the scooter. Mostly, because it has storage. lol.

I'd stay away from the cafe bikes. I know from personal experience that storage is a huge deal when commuting. My KPM and I didn't really get along during winter commutes. And I'm tired of wearing a backpack, period. lol.

Tags
intro, noob