Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #1

Question Looking for a cheap project bike

I am in Michigan and I am looking for a cheap project bike to work on with my kids to teach them how to tear down and rebuild an engine. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend. Im looking for a 125 or 250.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:23 AM   #2

If you can get to NC I have a Magician with a spare engine and low miles. Already tagged and titled. Red in color, T4 oil, weeks old AGM Yuasa battery, NGK iridium plug, RK chain, and LED turn signals. Daily commute bike with low miles that starts easy even below freezing.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #3

It's been a while since you posted this, but if you can get to the Cincinnati, OH area, I've got a 250cc Bashan 'Cool Way' cbr250rr which is mechanically sound, but doesn't charge the battery, that I'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price. If you have the skillset, or want to use it as a teaching aid for diagnostics & problem solving, you might consider that a 'bonus'.

(Listing here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=23812)

I didn't know it was a project bike when I bought it. I don't have the skillset. It rides fine, could probably use a carb clean/adjust to idle a touch faster, and needs the charging system issue resolved.

This is a link to the only video/image I've ever been able to find for the model online. (It's not mine in particular.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...fX-RVVoX2ojYKq

Last edited by Voice; 05-27-2019 at 07:49 PM.