Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2022, 06:28 PM   #1

Breaking news... Confirmed bolt on front brake caliper for hawk dlx

So this winter I bought a stupid toy (hawk DLX) and have been searching for every possible upgrade and farkle I can get my hands on. On this forum in passing someone had mentioned something about suzuki brakes or brake pads from a DR250 fitting and the rear caliper also fitting. Idk who this person was and I can't even remember where the thread is, so shoutout to you whomever you are. On a whim I bought one of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/392859616475
search term on ebay for future use "Front Brake Caliper for Suzuki RM125 RM250 RMX250 DR250 DR350 DR250SE DR350SE"

and she went right on there. I also swapped my stock front master cylinder for crf250 master (because I had bought calipers master and brake line as a kit hoping they would fit originally).

You have to take off that Suzuki hanger and use the stock hanger. Otherwise EZ. I am working on a youtube video to show all this stuff up close, but I had to share. Let the stopping power commence.

Idk why the images are so freaking huge sry about that.

Proof below (me holding a hawk dlx front caliper mounted to the suzuki bracket with the suzuki front caliper on my bike in the background.

front master swap for CRF250 (I don't reccomend this specific model because you do have to get an extra pressure sensor switch for the lights, but huge improvement)

Keep sending my squids!

Old 04-17-2022, 07:12 AM   #2

Thanks good to know,keep up the good work.