Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #1

2008 BSE (Bosuer) 250cc

Bought a fixer upper a while back and I can't find much of anything on this particular bike. The current BSE Bosuer website I can find is somewhat broken and they never returns email inquiries.

Anyway, I think it's similar to the Apollo and Gio 250cc of that year with perhaps a bit better suspension, carb, and slightly different plastic kit etc out of the box.

It has a air cooled electric start Zongshen ZS169FMM but it's missing a battery. The wiring was taped up in a mess around the frame and all the plastic were stripped off. Starting from scratch I rewired it and did some tuning on the motor and carb and it runs great now but I'm looking at it and wondering where and how a battery fits into this thing and how exactly the wring was routed by the factory (CDI box, start solenoid, etc). Under the seat or under the frame that the seat mounts to?

Does anyone have a picture of a Apollo or Gio or similar 250cc of this year that shows wiring layout and battery installed (seat off of course).

Is there suppose to be a mud guard that mounts under the rear seat to protect the wiring and battery from mud and rocks etc??

Last question is in regards to the front suspension. They only have on adjustment screw on the top, any idea what it's for and how to adjust the front shocks?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161106_162154.jpg (94.2 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161106_162205.jpg (93.4 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161106_162338.jpg (91.2 KB, 260 views)

Old 11-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #2

Ok i haven't got the same bike but my battery holder was a removable box located left side ,behind airbox,opposite exhaust, it tucked in behind left rear cover,
Failing that, on my wife's 150cc i swapped out oem filter to foam pod & had alot of room where airbox was for battery, just cable tied it in there sitting inside battery cradle

Old 11-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b44 View Post
Ok i haven't got the same bike but my battery holder was a removable box located left side ,behind airbox,opposite exhaust, it tucked in behind left rear cover,
Failing that, on my wife's 150cc i swapped out oem filter to foam pod & had alot of room where airbox was for battery, just cable tied it in there sitting inside battery cradle
Thanks for the info. Mine has a foam filter as well and has this open area which I'll probably mount my own setup for a battery. Do you know of a decent low profile battery that can be used with the type of stator used on these China bikes?

Do either of yours have some type of mud guard or cover in the rear fender area? Seems kind of dumb if this setup was open to rocks and mud flying into the wiring etc from the rear tire but who knows.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #4

http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....1&postcount=14