Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2018, 02:06 AM   #1

Swingarm for Hellcat

Does anyone any know a aftermarket swingarm that will fit a Taotao hellcat?

Old 06-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #2

Are you looking for the entire swingarm, or are you looking just to extend the end of it? There are a few replacement chain adjusters and mounts for the rear shock on the market that I've linked to here:

https://www.drowsports.com/honda-gro...n-stretch-kit/

https://mnnthbx.com/product/grom-swi...honda-stretch/

As far as the entire swingarm, you may be able to swap them out with 2014-model (or first gen) Grom parts, as 80-90 percent of the bike is literally a copy of those parts.

Last edited by siikmonkee; 06-07-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Addition of a link

Old 06-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #3

Just a quick edit here, I was able to find this link for what looks like an aftermarket swingarm:

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Swingar.../dp/B01HY349NO

EDIT: Looks like the stock went unavailable, it was addable just a moment ago but when I went to check pricing (since I wouldn't mind replacing mine) it was out of stock. But still, something to go off of?

Last edited by siikmonkee; 06-07-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Stock became unavailable

Old 06-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #4

Thanks SIIKMONKEE. Ya not stretched.

I was looking at this one that this guy put on a Vader.
Not sure it will work on the Hellcat though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siikmonkee View Post
Just a quick edit here, I was able to find this link for what looks like an aftermarket swingarm:

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Swingar.../dp/B01HY349NO

EDIT: Looks like the stock went unavailable, it was addable just a moment ago but when I went to check pricing (since I wouldn't mind replacing mine) it was out of stock. But still, something to go off of?

Old 06-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #5

From what I have seen on various Facebook groups and such... that Kepspeed swingarm is what is being used by people on Icebears, Taotaos, and Vaders.

The three are basically all the same. Just a different Chinese manufacturer. Only one that is "different" is the icebear where it is a little lower and has a different headlight.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
From what I have seen on various Facebook groups and such... that Kepspeed swingarm is what is being used by people on Icebears, Taotaos, and Vaders.

The three are basically all the same. Just a different Chinese manufacturer. Only one that is "different" is the icebear where it is a little lower and has a different headlight.
I could only find an over sea's company selling them.

https://www.motorkit.com/en/order

Old 06-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #7

That is correct. That's where everyone orders them from. Shipping to the states is pretty good. Most people in the zs190 groups on facebook also ordered their exhausts from there as well.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #8

One added benefit to the Kepspeed Swingarm is, it comes with needle bearings in place of the pressed in bushings. This is a huge deal , a lot of discussion has gone on in many, many Forums about bronze bushings, roller bearings, needle bearings, etc to repl. the factory pressed in rubber ones, but to my knowledge everyone agrees thats the way to go , but no one has ever produced an actual conversion kit for sale to the public .

So, aside from the swingarm itself being an upgrade, the fact it has bearings in it as opposed to rubber bushings is significant in my opinion.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:26 PM   #9

Oh, one more thing . I came across these aluminum swingarms that are available in several different anodized colors that fit the 2014 Grom that should fit all the Chinese Grom clones as well .

$221.35 US Funds https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Grom-...19.m1438.l2649

Also available is the Kepspeed copy with the hoop $249.15 US Funds
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Grom-....c100005.m1851

I'm not sure whether either or both have rubber bushings like the factory one or of they have bronze bushings or bearings, I'm still looking into that , I'll edit this post or add an Update if I am able to find out.

EDIT : Both of these use bushings like the factory original ,not bearings . Still would save weight and look better than factory one though .

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 07-05-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: addtl info

Old 07-06-2018, 02:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Oh, one more thing . I came across these aluminum swingarms that are available in several different anodized colors that fit the 2014 Grom that should fit all the Chinese Grom clones as well .

$221.35 US Funds https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Grom-...19.m1438.l2649

Also available is the Kepspeed copy with the hoop $249.15 US Funds
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Grom-....c100005.m1851

I'm not sure whether either or both have rubber bushings like the factory one or of they have bronze bushings or bearings, I'm still looking into that , I'll edit this post or add an Update if I am able to find out.

EDIT : Both of these use bushings like the factory original ,not bearings . Still would save weight and look better than factory one though .

are you going to get one?

Old 07-06-2018, 07:50 AM   #11

Lol, I want to get one but my budget is almost gone and I still need to decide on a rear stunt cage (12 o'clock bar) and order that ,and some preload adjusters from Takegawa for the front forks,and I already sold so much blood plasma to get what I already ordered that I look like a sun dried raisin LOL!

Seriously tho, yeah imma get one but it's gonna have to wait til next summer , i got that on my " Phase Two" List ,along with the EBC Big Front Rotor brake kit and a gas

cell adjustable rear shock and some other stuff ,Phase Three is a Z190 swap but it's last because I want to have the chassis completely done and built to handle the HP and Torque stress increase before i put that in there ,and hell mang I would like to actually have time to ride the thing once it gets here and not be just boltin' parts onto it alla time haha! Peace !

Old 07-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Lol, I want to get one but my budget is almost gone and I still need to decide on a rear stunt cage (12 o'clock bar) and order that ,and some preload adjusters from Takegawa for the front forks,and I already sold so much blood plasma to get what I already ordered that I look like a sun dried raisin LOL!

Seriously tho, yeah imma get one but it's gonna have to wait til next summer , i got that on my " Phase Two" List ,along with the EBC Big Front Rotor brake kit and a gas

cell adjustable rear shock and some other stuff ,Phase Three is a Z190 swap but it's last because I want to have the chassis completely done and built to handle the HP and Torque stress increase before i put that in there ,and hell mang I would like to actually have time to ride the thing once it gets here and not be just boltin' parts onto it alla time haha! Peace !
catching up on your posts, my plan is quite similar to yours. i want to get the suspension/frame/etc. all ready for either a zs190 or anima 190. i get my vader tomorrow.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #13

Man thats awesome you are getting yours tomorrow, last word i had from Venom Motorsports was mine won't ship til the 15th and then there's 5-6 days transit time on top of that, and then of course I got to put this big pile of parts on it and tune it after i assemble it,and summers slippin away from meh !
Oh well, at least i am in FLA and we can ride most of the year here,it's only really cold Jan & Feb the rest of the time it's rideable mostly.

Be sure and post pix when you get it in and start workin on it and how it all goes together , I'll be sure and do the same !