Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2021, 02:56 PM   #1

New direction...sorry CSC!

All,

I was pretty active on this forum for a couple of years having a CSC TT250.

It was a good commuter for a while, but I was disappointed by 60 mpg or less. Also, I needed to move away from constant carb adjustments. This scoot has FI.

So, I sold 3 motorcycles (including the TT250) for a Piaggio Liberty 150 for my year around commuting.

I am able to get up to 80 mpg and to get to about 60 mph when required. The best thing is no shifting. I can idle up to a stop, balance, and never have to put my foot down.

Also, no shifting means more attention to the traffic situation around me. I didn't think that shifting took any brain power, but once I didn't need to do it, I felt more aware.

I was able to transfer my Nelson-Rigg panniers over, but only use them when necessary, as the tail pack, floorboard, and under-seat storage do it for most situations.

Here is a review from a San Diego vendor. For some reason I can't get photos to upload. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...0953&FORM=VIRE

For city commuters I would recommend this scoot. If on highway, or longer stuff, I would recommend the Piaggio BV350 or 400.

Orion RXB 150XL

Last edited by Goob; 12-07-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:49 PM   #2

Scooters are so much easier to ride in the urban jungle than a motor bike with a clutch. The Piaggio is a bullet proof scoot.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:38 AM   #3

Piaggio has always made good scooters but nowadays they sell for a premium price. For most people a scooter is better than a motorcycle sor serious commuting mainly because of superior weather protection and the safety of a step through frame. I worked for Piaggio in the 70s and early 80s when all their scooters were manual transmission 2 strokes.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #4

Were you wrenching the Piaggios or selling them, Mudflap?