Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2023, 05:29 PM   #1

Hawk Pics

Here are some photos of the bike I took today. I destickered it and I removed the plastics and put dielectric grease on every electronic connection I could find (excluding those under the gauges as I intend to install new cluster and will do it then). I then put Loctite on several things and checked bolts for tightness. As I was doing this, I noticed that someone had marked several of them. I have a bunch of pictures.
I hope this works. I apologize if this is messy.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co..._130612606.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhgaXpunlA_Nx9FomHf7Shru7SZmM1ytsL8rdd66qEy1m EG1aBiFnVWoSy0ir-mTnULS5UxVQUxpRxVSRj2MDmMu4Zal4miJBOCmmnwCW3h4b7bR 3c94YySFvYW7N153lO19TmUxFQhRDkI-6wh5ovq7nZFFTWLGlqdTV58krc5cpF4sGakLVrH9uYn/s4160/IMG_20230430_131253078_MP.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co..._131318691.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...440153_HDR.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co..._134803459.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...858133_HDR.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...011335_HDR.jpg

Last edited by Zapkin; 04-30-2023 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I am an idiot.

Old 04-30-2023, 06:26 PM   #2

I bought a 2016 blue Hawk with crazy low miles on it right around Christmas, and it was kept in a storage container. It still had all decals, but it had turned pretty purple. At first I thought I could live with it, but I got tired of it , especially after this guy in skinny jeans, with his hair in a "man bun" said he liked my bike, and offered me a Bud Lite. LOL

Old 04-30-2023, 07:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I bought a 2016 blue Hawk with crazy low miles on it right around Christmas, and it was kept in a storage container. It still had all decals, but it had turned pretty purple. At first I thought I could live with it, but I got tired of it , especially after this guy in skinny jeans, with his hair in a "man bun" said he liked my bike, and offered me a Bud Lite. LOL
Now thats funny.. I don't care who you are...hehehehhe

Old 04-30-2023, 07:56 PM   #4

Nice I marked every bolt with a paint stick,to make sure bolts are not coming loose.So far so good. 5000 miles and just now the rear wheel bearing get a little loose,will be fixing very soon. Don't want to ruin the wheel. Happy TBR7 owner.

Old 04-30-2023, 11:03 PM   #5

I am happy with it. Bout to order the Nibbi and some other goodies. Thanks for all the help on here folks.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:17 AM   #6

Mine came marked like that too on most bolts. Is yours a 2022? I have the same bike, same color, mines just modded like crazy now lol.
My stickers did not come on the bike, so I just left them off as well.

Is that the stock battery? Where did this bike come from? My stock battery was much cheaper looking than that.

Also, am I tripping or is your throttle cable all sideways going into the carb?

Old 05-01-2023, 11:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7sithis View Post
Mine came marked like that too on most bolts. Is yours a 2022? I have the same bike, same color, mines just modded like crazy now lol.
My stickers did not come on the bike, so I just left them off as well.

Is that the stock battery? Where did this bike come from? My stock battery was much cheaper looking than that.

Also, am I tripping or is your throttle cable all sideways going into the carb?
That is the battery that came with it, not sure about the throttle cable. I am putting Nibbi on in a few days anyway. Will sort that out then. I am pretty happy with it. You cannot beat cheap, fun transportation that also provides a learning experience. Also, got it from Powersportsmax. They were awesome to me, despite me changing my mind 4 times during the layaway. lol

Old 05-01-2023, 11:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
That is the battery that came with it, not sure about the throttle cable. I am putting Nibbi on in a few days anyway. Will sort that out then. I am pretty happy with it. You cannot beat cheap, fun transportation that also provides a learning experience. Also, got it from Powersportsmax. They were awesome to me, despite me changing my mind 4 times during the layaway. lol
If you are intending to use the stock airbox, and goin to be running the exhaust in it's stock form, then . You may want just to change the main in your stock carb, or get a VM26 Mikuni clone. Your airbox to carb tube is sized for the 42mm O.D of the stock carb, and the Nibbi measures about 48mm-49mm. I know some do get the stock tube stretched over the Nibbi, but I couldn't on my TBR7. If you do go with the Nibbi, chances are you will get a small assortment of jets, and most likely have what you need. I can't remember what sizes came with mine, but I do remember it coming with a 112.5 main, and at least one or two more up and down from it. It came with one in it, and I"m thinking it was a 105, or 110, which is probably about what you need for the Wheeling WV area. I also comes with enough pilots to get you tuned well for now, and for most common mods that you may do in the future. Enjoy your new "sickle".

Old 05-01-2023, 12:06 PM   #9

Quote:
If you are intending to use the stock airbox, and goin to be running the exhaust in it's stock form, then . You may want just to change the main in your stock carb, or get a VM26 Mikuni clone. Your airbox to carb tube is sized for the 42mm O.D of the stock carb, and the Nibbi measures about 48mm-49mm. I know some do get the stock tube stretched over the Nibbi, but I couldn't on my TBR7. If you do go with the Nibbi, chances are you will get a small assortment of jets, and most likely have what you need. I can't remember what sizes came with mine, but I do remember it coming with a 112.5 main, and at least one or two more up and down from it. It came with one in it, and I"m thinking it was a 105, or 110, which is probably about what you need for the Wheeling WV area. I also comes with enough pilots to get you tuned well for now, and for most common mods that you may do in the future. Enjoy your new "sickle".
I purchased the filter they suggested with the carb. I am looking up how to delete the stock box so it will fit. not sure yet, but I am researching it.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:17 PM   #10

Quote:
I purchased the filter they suggested with the carb. I am looking up how to delete the stock box so it will fit. not sure yet, but I am researching it.
You don't need to, or want to remove your airbox. The angled Nibbi will fit without modding, removing, or cutting anything. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B093V...b_b_asin_title
You will still have the crankcase venting into the stock box, so , unless you are going to re route it. I would seal up the airbox though. You airbox serves as part of the rear fender, and keeps mud, and grime out.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:18 PM   #11

I have a BNIB aftermarket exhaust system that I never used that would go nice on that there sycle. 100 bucks shipped to ya.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:21 PM   #12

Quote:
You don't need to, or want to remove your airbox. The angled Nibbi will fit without modding, removing, or cutting anything. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B093V...b_b_asin_title
You will still have the crankcase venting into the stock box, so , unless you are going to re route it. I would seal up the airbox though. You airbox serves as part of the rear fender, and keeps mud, and grime out.
okay cool. that is the filter I bought.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
I have a BNIB aftermarket exhaust system that I never used that would go nice on that there sycle. 100 bucks shipped to ya.
I appreciate the offer, but right now I am all tapped out.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #14

Quote:
okay cool. that is the filter I bought.
When I said you don't need to remove anything, I should have said except for the airbox tube, but it just pulls out, and can be put back if you ever do go back to using the stock box.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:28 PM   #15

Well, I will say one thing, it certainly sips gas the way it is right now. It's not bogging or anything and it idles fine. seems to really love being up in the hills but still works fine in town. I am at about 700ft elevation.