Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #1

Another fork oil question???

My Brozz arrived in Charleston yesterday, and Estes turned the shipment over to a local carrier for final delivery. I hope to hear from them Monday to schedule delivery . Like I stated in previous post ,I am on the heavy side. I would like to change the fork oil, but I don't want to remove the forks from the bike if I don't have to. I have noticed they sell fork maintenance kits on Amazon which look like they are basically a large srynge and small tubing . Can these kits be used to remove some fluid from the forks, so I can replace the amount removed with oil of a thicker viscosity? This bike has the upside down forks.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #2

This is not your bike, but may give you an idea of what can likely be done:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Old 02-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #3

With all due respect, DO NOT follow that video as a guide, i made the mistake of watching a few videos where fork oil was changed on non-inverted forks and proceeded to unbolt the bolt on the bottom of the forks, that is not the way to change oil on the inverted forks.. just wish i realized that before i went ahead and did it..
With that being said, i also have an oil extractor (Schwabem 6.5L unit) but dont believe you'll be able to suck out oil from the top effectively, if im wrong id love to hear as well as it would be easy peasy to just remove the fork cap and suck it out each leg.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X