Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #1

Blade 150 UTV

Hey i was wondering if anyone has any experience with these machines

It says it has a gy6 150 cc engine with 10.3 hp.

I was looking for what modes i could added to increase the torque and off the line acceleration

Old 01-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #2

We have the same engine in a different atv, and the usual four stroke mods were applied. The muffler was very restrictive, so I bolted on a free-flowing muffler. I also relocated the air cleaner to under the seat (via ABS pipe) and switched to a Uni pod filter. I changed the jets to compensate, and it rips along nicely now. I haven't messed with the variator or clutch, and I'm not going to.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick update. It only has a 100 main jet so i was thinking a 128 might be good with the uni air filter.It is only a 22mm carb so i am not sure if i should go bigger and re-jet or just re-jet the stock one.I see alot of talk about the 4 valve head available now for this engine. i have seen 2 contradicting statements on the performance with this.1 statement i have seen says it produces alot of low to mid range torque and the other statement says it only produces better top end.Any one know the true answer and is it really worth it

Thanks

Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #4

My guess is that a 128 Mian is too rich. Try a 110.

I'd say that if you want more power, get a bigger quad. Optimize the intake, exhaust and jetting, and enjoy it for what it is. Keep your eye open on CL for an old 200 Gio Beast.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #5

You could also changes the roller weights in the variator pulley to lighter ones. This will let the engine rev more before engaging, but you will likely lose some top speed.