Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #1

Question Extended air fuel screw for the stock brozz carb?

So I've been trying to dial in the stock carb on the brozz ever since receiving the pilot jets from china. I notched the original air screw, as you know still no access without burning your hands. I've ordered a bunch of different tools thinking they would reach. Offset screwdrivers, flexible carb adjustment tool, and a couple other things to add to the tool box which is currently my kitchen. I have yet to purchase the 90 degree adjustment tool. Was wondering if anybody had any luck finding an extendedscrew replacement for this carb. I bought the vm26 mikuni clone because why not just to see any difference. The jet kit i bought the wingsmotto don't fit. I bought an extended screw for that but what good is the fine tuning without proper jets. I have the jets in my cart from jetsrus. Just waiting to see if i can find an extendo for the stock that i have proper jets for. All in all I'm getting decent backfire with a 40 pilot 120 main like 2 to 3 turns out i try to tinker with it while it's warm but not easy . I also still have the emission stuff still hooked up. Could this be the issue? Exhaust leak? I have a crush gasket I'm ready to install, learned about these gems after installing the exhaust, still a newb here. I really like the bike with the the pod filter over the stock. I just plugged the other air hose and tilted it away from the pod filter. The bottom tube that goes to the engine not sure what to do so i left it connected to the box to get filtered air still??? Then the main fat tube that runs along the throttle cable under the tank i know i can block off as well as the little fresh air inlet on the boot. Project next had a good video but didn't cover the specifics of what each line did especially the one for the crankcase breather i thinkk??? Still confused with what to do with that hose that goes to the engine on left side, not the one on the right connected to the emission charcoal thingy pulse air mibob. It's a different bike with all that air. I just cant squeeze out those decel pops. Any input on my novel would be appreciated . Pics coming once laptop stops being fussy.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #2

I am also using a vm26 but on a magician. I found the extended mix screw you are looking for on eBay.

It works great and helped me get it dialed in just right. Now I just adjust it a few times a year based on temperature. I'll see if I can find you a link to the eBay seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-VM26...QAAOSw0rBb1rSK
There ya go. Hope I posted everything correctly.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #3

A few members have used one similar. It's been a hit and miss with them. Some work and some don't. Glad to see you got lucky.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-21-2019, 08:28 AM   #4

Yea the tip of the adjuster is shaped a little different than the stock one. The old "screw it in all the way in then back it out X number of turns" didn't work anymore. As I remember I had to turn it out a but more to get it right as the new one has a slightly longer tip.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #5

True ! Toss the 2.5 to 3 turns thing right out. Now it’s just turn it till it works. Also the spring supplied with the extended screw needs to be longer or stretched. I had my screw fall out giving a new idle speed of 4K. Found the screw between the starter and cylinder. That was fun.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 11-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #6

I have the BSR which have the Keihin PZ30 same as the Brozz. Replaced the "D" shape mixture screw with Harley's found on AliExpress. They fit but the needle profile is slightly different and it only works well at 1/2 turn for different pilot jet sizes. I use a flexible flat screwdriver extension to adjust it.

Tako came over and tried his 90 degree adjustment tool, and it wouldn't fit on my BSR, there is no access.
At this point its either to live with it or buy another carb for me.

Keihin PZ30 Main-115 Pilot-38 Needle-1Washer Fuel Mixture-1/2

BSR Chronicles - "Project leads to more projects!"

Yamaha WR250R
Suzuki GSX-R 600

Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #7

It's pretty tough adjusting that screw but this is what I used. You can only turn it a little at a time but at least it fits in there. I put the tape on the straight blade bit to stop it from falling through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tool (2).jpg (48.0 KB, 498 views)
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 11-21-2019, 10:52 PM   #8

Wink

Thank you for that link. I actually got an airscrcew for the mikuni clone. Name:  carb.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  85.8 KB I just didn't buy the right jets. I bought another extended airscrew for a kiehin fcr carb still a no go for the stock pz30 which im running cause i have correct jets for it. I believe my backfire issue is from the air pulse epa thingamajing. I read here that could be the culprit. I will get to that once i have supplies. Not sure what to do with the other large tube that runs to the engine on the left side. I noticed it's sucking air? Do i block that off too or put a little filter on it? Any good links on how to delete the whole system for a foam filter. All in all I'm hoping the deletion of the stupid emissions thing cuts the backfire out. Name:  Screenshot_20191005-143024.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  5.1 KBThe bike stock ran about 64 maxed out flat ground kinda tucked. All mods done 68. 70 downhill. Not much improvement but it sounds better lol. I still have a 40r sprocket i wanna throw on just to see if i can cruise 50 55 without pushing the engine so hard. Still puts a smile on my face looking at her. GREAT BIKE would recommend . I'm sensing a KPmini coming this spring. A new journey on a bike that may be faster then the brozz in a small package lol.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:02 PM   #9

Yeah i racked my brain trying to mcguyver something outta nothing. Still nothing but burnt hands and frustration like a monkey trying to grab bananas through a glass wall. I am tempted to blow the 60 on on the 90 degree angle tool but I'm afraid it won't work or fit. The cheapest option is to buy proper jets for the mikuni clone since i have an extended air screw that works for that. That's off jetsrus for 5-6 bucks a pop. I want like 5 or 6 to experiment lol. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Old 11-22-2019, 12:23 AM   #10

I'm a newb so all of this is becoming simpler. We all have to start somewhere right. This has been a learning experience for me. My first time ever tinkering with a bike. So far it's been easy to work on. Just a little guidance here and there. That's all i ask lol

Old 11-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #11

I don't know much about the brozz, I have a magician but I just took the tube for the crankcase vent off and replaced with a tiny airfilter.and plugged the hole it went to in the air box ( when I had an airbox). If your getting popping on deceleration check your exuast for leaks. If it has any at all it will POP alot cuz it will suck in air through Venturi effect and cause the unburnt fuel to ignite. Mine came loose so often I drilled and laced the bolts at the header with wire. (Something I saw in an old Harley shop manual.) Problem solved.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:15 PM   #12

Orion sells the tool for many carb air screws
90 degree tool
I sold the one I had with me
That’s prob the easier way for more carbs etc