Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2019, 06:51 AM   #1

Bull 200 electric choke

It's turned cold here and my Bull 200 with the electric choke doesn't want to idle down.I don't want to turn the idle screw out because that's not the problem.Electric choke is coming on but seems like it don't want to turn off.I believe I would much rather have the manual choke lever so I could control it.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugndeep View Post
...Electric choke is coming on but seems like it don't want to turn off...
Tricks for electric choke https://www.motorfans.com.cn/forum.p...authorid=75082 (Google translate can get the general idea)

Old 10-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #3

I seen a video on youtube of someone adjusting the length of the plunger by screwing the body up or down,I don't know if this particular one is capable of that or not.
There's also video's on there of converting from auto choke to a manual choke.I seen kits you can buy for the GY6 engine carburetor.
Could be dirt in the passage causing the plunger to stick.Either way I'm probably going to have to pull the carb just to get at it.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #4

I almost think it has been sketchy from the get go by having to adjust the idle up and down,so it might have been bad from day one of my ownership.Not that high of cost to replace,just being able to get to it.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:01 AM   #5

It's warmed back up some and the choke is working alright for now.I still might order one of the cheap one's off Ebay just to have it.I don't know if their all the same or not.I'm having trouble accessing Partskit.com again this morning.Plus I don't know if it's available separately from Partskit.com or not.

Last edited by dugndeep; 10-21-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #6

The 9 wire left handlebar switch offered on partskit look's like it comes with the choke lever to control a choke so maybe you could go that route and convert over to a manual choke.https://partskit.com/product/101065
The conversion choke kit offered would require you to hold the choke cable to apply the choke and closes it when let go because of spring so it might be hard to start atv when you have to hold brake lever,push starter button and hold the choke lever if you have the choke control mounted elsewhere.