Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2021, 06:04 PM   #1

Tao Motors TBR7 Too Tall! A Way To Lower It?

It is very difficult for me to get on and of my TBR7, even though I am 5' 9 1/2". Problem is, my leg inseams are only 30" on a good day.

The only way I can get on, is to put my right flip flop on ground on right side of bike, then go on left side of bike and swing my right leg up and forward onto seat, then maneuver it over seat and get seated.

To get off bike, I get off the normal way (right leg back and up), but it is not easy; it scrapes across seat and finally comes off.

I know I can probably adjust rear spring lower (need to get tool). but not sure what can be done with forks.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:18 PM   #2

Hmm, hopefully i'm not stating the obvious, but perhaps a better choice of footwear might help?

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 10-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #3

Spin the rear preload adjustment all the way to the bottom. That will get you an extra 2" drop from stock. You don't need a special tool, channel locks will work.

Drop the fork tubes through the triple tree an equal amount. That will lower the bike 2" in the front.

While you are messing with the forks take them out and change the fork oil. It is one of the most valuable upgrades you can do on the TBR7. It turns the from forks from cheap pogo sticks to a useful suspension.

After all that, learn the "cowboy mount". Walk up to the bike like it was a horse, put your left foot on the left peg and step onto the bike with it still on the side stand. Lean the bike off the side stand, kick it up and ride away.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post

After all that, learn the "cowboy mount". Walk up to the bike like it was a horse, put your left foot on the left peg and step onto the bike with it still on the side stand. Lean the bike off the side stand, kick it up and ride away.
I'm afraid with my weight (330 lbs. on planet Earth at seal level), I could BREAK the foot peg off!

Old 10-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Hmm, hopefully i'm not stating the obvious, but perhaps a better choice of footwear might help?
Problem is, the thicker the foot wear, the higher the foot must be lifted to clear the seat. I'd rather scuff the seat with a bare foot than a shoe.