Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

RX3 Recon Experience...

I would be remiss if I didn't post the following:

On Tuesday, February 2nd I had the opportunity to visit CSC Motorcycles in Azusa, CA. I was sincerely curious about the fit-n-finish, the laps-n-gaps and the scale of the RX3 motorcycle. I took my dad, a retired quality control engineer, along to act as carpool dummy and shopper's advocate. During our visit Joe Burkes also took my father and me for a tour of the business and introduced us to a number of the staff and the owner.

We were impressed with the RX3s, it is on my short-list for my re-entry to motorcycling. Note: I did not ride the RX3, this was a drop-in visit and I am not currently carrying an M1 license. We were equally impressed with the people and the facility.

Before heading home I purchased Joe's book "5000 Miles at 8000 RPM" which is a well written travel journal, having the added benefit of some of CSC Motorcycles' business history, seized opportunities, business management, product marketing and product improvement expose peppered throughout for a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to represent a motor vehicle brand in the United States. I'm not a book reviewer or critic, I'm commenting here from my perspective, that of a potential buyer.

Our time at CSC was not short-n-sweet, Joe talked with us in the same "voice" he uses in his book. The conversations with outer staff and the owner of CSC was not hurried or unconcerned, regardless of my level of interest that day. Each person we interacted with was busy with some form of work, each made time to be hospitable and answer any questions that this curious shopper had. Also, we were not the only people there that day, there were a number of men and women looking at and "trying on" the various configurations of RX3s on display in the showroom.

My/our experience seems to parallel that of the RX3 owners on this forum and what I've been reading/seeing in the media. Remember, I'm just doing recon at this point but my/our experience at CSC and any other retailer will go miles toward my final purchase decision. Once I have my M1 in hand I look forward to making arrangements to test-ride the RX3, to compare and contrast against any other motorcycle(s) I might be interested in.

Thanks for the opportunity to express myself and share this information.

Sincerely,
Todd
1979 Honda XL75 - Tahitian Red
1986 Honda Shadow VT700 - Scorpio Red
1989 Honda GB500 - Black Green

Orange is my favorite color... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 03-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #2

I have had nothing but good experiences with the folks at CSC albeit it was on the phone and not in person, but they took the time to answer all questions I had. And I am loving the RX3 so far. I now have around 600 miles on her, and she's running great.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #3

Thanks for posting your experience and thoughtful impressions, Todd.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #4

I just watched the new video on youtube and have to admit...I really liked the orange one. guess I should have waited on the hawk....oh well, if im gonna have 3 bikes might just have to make it 4 .

Old 03-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
I just watched the new video on youtube and have to admit...I really liked the orange one. guess I should have waited on the hawk....oh well, if im gonna have 3 bikes might just have to make it 4 .
You will love the RX3, Ron. Resistance is futile.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894