Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2021, 07:21 AM   #1

New TBR7 Both Brake Lights Not Working

Just got my new TBR7 on 10/21/2021. I wanted to do all the reccomend preliminarily maintenance stuff before the first start because I thought it would be easier before it was assembled. I finally started and rode it for the first time yesterday. Once I adjusted the idle it ran great. Everything seemed great BUT neither brake lights are working. Has anyone had this issue with their new TBR7 that can advise me? Thanks in advance for directions.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:52 AM   #2

Did you check for a burnt bulb or disconnected connector?
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-12-2021, 09:03 AM   #3

Brake light switch on rear brake pedal is not adjusted correctly or the front brake signal wires on the lever are not plugged in.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Brake light switch on rear brake pedal is not adjusted correctly or the front brake signal wires on the lever are not plugged in.
Thanks for your suggestion/advice China Ryder 27.
On the FRONT BRAKES, I thought I plugged them in good and solid and then I put electrical tape around them to keep them dry. Is there a switch I need to check where it connects at the front wheel hub or is the hand lever switch the only thing going back to the tail/brake light?
I know the REAR BRAKE switch is moving when I hit the foot lever. I'll check it first and make sure it's moving enough. I'll also check to see if it's pulled on without the foot lever being pressed. If it's been on this whole time, that'd explain everything.
Again, I sure appreciate you.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Did you check for a burnt bulb or disconnected connector?
Thanks for the help JerryHawk250. It's highly appreciated.
I get to the brake/taillight by taking off the seat and then removing that super cheap plastic tub thing under the rear seat latch (What's that thing called btw?), correct?

Old 11-12-2021, 02:56 PM   #6

I'll let y'all know what it was when I figure it out. Thanks SO much guys. I couldn't do this without y'all.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #7

Solved

The rear brake light switch spring was too tight so the brake light was constantly on. Since there wasn't any difference when I used the front or rear lever, I thought it was broke. It was too late to deal with it when I discovered it so it was all my OCD would allow me to think about all the next day at work when I started this post. (It's as if my brain has a mind of its own or something.)
I used the following link when I first assembled the rear brake:
https://mymotorcycleblog.com/tbr7-rear-brake-assembly/
It's an excellent video but it steered me torwards over doing wrapping the brake light switch spring all the way around where it connects to the brake petal. Just hook it to the brake petal. Don't worry about wrapping it all the way around it. I don't believe it'll fall out.
Again I greatly value all of you all's help, insight and obvious wisdom. Thanks!