Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #1

TaoTao 2016 110 quad starter

Our 110 TaoTao quad 2016 starter is not energizing. Meaning it’s not turning the engine over. I found a fuse and it’s good. It has the battery charged and if I short the solenoid it turns the motor over good. What can be the problem. Handlebar starter wires are making continuity. I checked the wiring harness at the neck of the quad and find continuity everywhere I could. Could it be the key switch, if so what do I check there? Am looking for a wiring diagram and troubleshooting guide. If someone can guide me with troubleshooting please do so. It’s my granddaughters quad.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:45 AM   #2

I few things to check quickly. Is the brake activated? They won't start unless it's pressed (foot) or pulled (hand). Also in regard to the brakes, make sure when activated, the brake light comes on. I had an issue where the rear brake light wire was fraid and wouldn't start. As for the solenoid, jumping it does not eliminate that there may be a problem. Does it 'click' when pressing the starter button? It should as it's making the connection from the battery to the starter. If not, than it's suspect. You may not hear it make the connection so grab it with your fingers while trying to start the quad to make sure it's working.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 01-11-2020, 09:04 AM   #3

David 2931, thanks for your answer. The brake would not let it turn over. I checked continuity all the way to brake switch and the continuity after pulling brake lever