Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2020, 12:29 AM   #1

Cold-blooded Hawk

Hello,

I bought a 2020 Hawk off Amazon a few months ago. I upgraded the exhaust and carb right away. I replaced the PZ30 with the Mikuni VM26 672U clone, which from what I've read on these forums, is a clone of the real Mikuni. In order to get the bike running (it has been warm here in Ohio), I have to put it on full choke and give it some throttle for a few seconds. Then, even after running on full choke for five minutes, it will still die a few seconds after putting it on half choke.

I immediately replaced the stock main jet with a 110. I've scoured the internet, including Youtube and forums, and have tried everything I could find. So far, I have installed every size of main jet from 110 to 130 into the Mikuni clone and have set the mixture screw from 2-3 turns out on each main jet. I also tried several sizes of main jet and mixture screw combinations on the PZ30 as well.

After getting frustrated, I took the bike to a mechanic, who upgraded the sprockets and chain for me. He told me that it's just super cold blooded. It runs and rides great when I can get it running, but I am not seeing where anyone else is having so many problems getting this thing started and warmed up. I would greatly appreciate any wisdom someone could offer me. Thanks!