Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #1

Rev Counter Matt Dash

Hi I know Matt is no longer selling these due to various issues, but I purchased mine last year and today finished putting the bike back together (after dismantling it 12 months ago, Life!) So when I turn on the ignition the needle sweeps and everything comes on. N and Gear selection lights work, as does fuel gauge etc. The only issue which is a bit of a bummer as its such a large dial is that when the engine is running the Rev counter does nada. Wondering if anyone else had suffered from this and "wiggle the sky blue pink wire at pin x and see if it moves. Does anyone have a pin out so I can check if I have signal and the dash is dead or if I have no signal and I need to do something else. I know that there are other electronic dash for sale but having already spent the $ I would really love to see if its a straightforward fix.

Picked up my registrations and going to get an inspection sticker (hopefully) tomorrow.
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)

Old 05-02-2020, 03:38 AM   #2

Blue white wire goes to big connector left side
I’d say that’s your issue point or maybe at cluster end
Anyways that’s the wire for tacho n needs a good connectuon

Old 05-02-2020, 04:17 PM   #3

NZ, thank you, I'll have a dig around.
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)