Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #1

Its ordered!!!!!!!!

After months of research, and saving I finally talked to Jeff this morning with a little luck my new brozz recon will be here this week!!!!! My question to all you great gurus (and my fellow jacka$$es) is on the long list of things I need to do, which MUST be done during assembly and what can wait. Here's what I'm thinking:

DURING ASSEMBLY:
Grease axles and bearings
Dielectric grease on all electrics
Blue locktite all bolts

FIRST SERVICE (50-100ish miles)
Check valves
Bleed and replace brake fluid
Change oil
Possibly replace fork oil and change gearing

I want my bike to last as long as possible, I also want to ride yesterday... yall lemme know what you think...

Old 02-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #2

I also talked to him today. I initially order a Recon on the 5th, but decided the regular Brozz250 Sport would be better suited for my needs. I just called to confirm that the change was in order. He told me that they have had internet issues today, but he seemed to think he may get some shipped today. My decision to go with the Brozz is based on how well thought of Peace is on this forum just as much as the bike it's self . I have spoke with both Mary, and Jeff, and they both seem top notch. I also appreciate the videos on assembling the Brozz, as well as the fact that they have given Brozz bikes to a few people who they know will make good ,honest video reviews about.

Old 02-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #3

Congrats on the order, you wont be disappointed.. Your checklist looks good to me for initial setup items.. If you do change the fork oil, id recommend going with 15w40 and a little higher quantity than what you remove.. I was bottoming out in the front often and after the change rarely do now..
A lot of other things for looks/performance are not musts but are definitely nice and worth the investment should you choose to perform any mods.
I will add though, with that being said, that an upgraded chain is probably better to do sooner than later as mine was stretching often and i read of owners snapping chains after a few thousand miles, so i didnt want to take that chance.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 02-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #4

Why not save yourself some headache and adjust the valves before initial start up ? No need to wait ,just get it done .

Old 02-15-2021, 04:58 PM   #5

Id say change the oil sooner rather than later as well, immediately would probably be best and then a few more times up to the 1k mark..

Old 02-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Why not save yourself some headache and adjust the valves before initial start up ? No need to wait ,just get it done .

I knew someone would be a responsible adult .... sigh .... at least i get to use my new feeler gauges....

Are there torq specs on the head bolts? Everyone has an opinion on valve clearance, nobody mentions bolts...

Old 02-15-2021, 07:14 PM   #7

Snug, but don't break them. They are just little 10mm bolts, no need to be Hercules.
I strongly advise adjusting your valves before your first fire, and changing out the shipping oil. The more you put into the bike now the more enjoyable it will be long term.
I also advise going through the Hawk checklist found at the top of this forum and going through what all MegaDan lists.
Lastly, enjoy the bike! You'll love it!

Old 02-15-2021, 07:23 PM   #8

I think Megadan said it best, 5 uggs duggas should do it

Old 02-15-2021, 09:29 PM   #9

On those bolts only like 3 slight umpas..
BTW those are about the only bolts I would not recommend blue locktite on

Old 02-15-2021, 10:46 PM   #10

I will probably get mine about the same time Oldwolf gets his,and I will be using loc-tite when I put it together. I am also going to adjust my valves,and change oil before start up. Do these engines actually ever arrive with the head bolts, or rocker assembly loose ? I hope not, because that would make me wonder about harder to reach internal components like the rod bolts. From what I have read,and seen on the internet,and from YouTube videos ,even people that hate the Chinese bikes for their suspension, lack of power for displacement, and whatever other issues they can come up with ,while comparing them the bikes that cost 4,or 5 times as much, begrudgingly admit that the motors are dependable if one has basic mechanical abilities. I would say that better quality control standards, as well as more skilled workers are incorporated in engine assembly. It does make a person wonder why the valves are usually not adjusted to spec though.