Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #1

Doh! TBR7 Front Axle Spacers Missing?

So, I'm not entirely sure how this happened. But I've had my TBR7 for 2 years now with no problems up until last week when I started getting front wheel shudder when braking.
I did hear a pop of sorts when this started after turning from a stop at an intersection--- I don't know if this is relevant at all but wanted to add it.

Took my front wheel off today for the first time ever since installing it in Feb of 2020 to clean the rotor, look at the pads, and grease the axle and bearings. It definitely appears that the rotor is rubbing the brake assembly in the front.

It also seems I never had any spacers on the axle to begin with. I definitely don't remember them being present at all either because I would have definitely installed them.

I did always find it a bit odd that the axle seemed longer than it needed to be but it never caused me any problems until this point.

I am guessing that this is the part I need: https://partskit.com/collections/tbr...pacer-12x22x17
Edit: The TT250 spacer is close in size at 12x24x18.. Would that cause any problems if I picked it up? I kinda trust CSC more than other companies.

But does it go on the rotor side or speedometer side? Also does anyone know if there's an alternative I can easily pick up at a hardware shop or bike shop?

Last edited by Slug; 07-22-2022 at 09:07 PM.

Old 07-24-2022, 09:02 PM   #2

Picked up a 25mm spacer at a hardware store for like $1.50 jut to see if it could be a temporary fix. It was too long, didn't work.

Went out around where I was working on the bike and ended up finding the missing spacer. Just for my own curiosity I wanted to measure it to compare to what the site says.

12.4x21.8x17 vs OEM 12x22x17

So this brings me back to the beginning of not really knowing what caused the brake shudder to begin with..