Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2022, 06:38 PM   #1

look how far they've come...

This is a picture and spec sheet for the 2007 Lifan GY-5 I owned.

https://www.moto-data.net/lifan/lifa...2F%20298%20lbs.

A local dealer sold me the bike for $1500+ tax. They did a decent job putting together and setting up the bike, all except for carb work. The spokes were a weak point, but I was probably at fault for that.

I put 10000 of whatever the units were on the speedometer on it before selling it. I feel it was a great deal. It was dependable! Of course, I had to deal with the valves, oil changes, etc.

If you look closely at the frame of the bike in this picture, you can clearly see how inferior it is to the frames that they are using on these newer bikes.

I did not beat that bike off-road. It was 99% street for me. The rear tire was darn near bald when I sold it.

Anyway, for those of you that are new to these bikes, check out that old girl. She was a good one for me! Worth every penny, and I sold her for $750. Money well spent.

edit: Mine had rear drum brakes not the disk shown here.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:31 PM   #2

Mine was a local Yamaha dealer. I had the counterbalanced engine too. It was fun while I had it.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Did you buy your bike from Brian May at Motoextreme? That is were I baught mine from in 2008,I dont have it any more ether. Mine had the rear drum brake to that was the difference between the real American Lifan bikes and the gray market bikes at that time they had rear disk brake. Mine had the counter balanced engine. The frames on those bikes were copied from the Honda XR200.
I bought one from Brian in 2007 and rode it over 50,000 miles. Had lots of great times on that bike.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:48 PM   #4

I basically bought the same bike again only with EFI. To be honest, I don't think I could have gone wrong, didn't last time when all things were considered. The fun-to-dollar ratio with Chinese Motorsports is the lure!