Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2020, 07:26 PM   #1

China must Read these Forums

Hi, after much research here and Youtube I purchased a Hawk 250 from TXPS, arrived a few weeks ago. I was preparing for Necessary, immediate mods (even ordered a Jet kit). Come to find out a Few things that were issues have been addressed with 2020 Hawk.

Burrito Tube for registration, tools included; NO beeper for blinkers; Carb starts and runs perfect (no need to run Half choke). I guess I won’t be using carb jets.
I actually would like the Beeper for blinkers since hard to see they are still on.

Really like the Hawk, less than 100 miles so far, can’t beat the price. Arrived from Texas in 4 days.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #2

That's like mine (the 2020 X-Pro version). Mine needed jets though. It wouldn't go over like 35mph without half choke and the idle would race up uncontrollably. I have put some serious sweat equity in the bike since it came in May, but it's a beast for sure.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #3

I found the same with my 2020 Hawk although I had to shim the needle in the carb but that's all. Even the valves were adjusted correctly!
I have to say that the only thing "wrong" with it is the gas gauge is off.

Decals! We don't need no stinkin' Decals!

Last edited by Baby Huey; 09-14-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: addition

Old 09-15-2020, 08:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelrandolph View Post
Hi, after much research here and Youtube I purchased a Hawk 250 from TXPS, arrived a few weeks ago. I was preparing for Necessary, immediate mods (even ordered a Jet kit). Come to find out a Few things that were issues have been addressed with 2020 Hawk.

Burrito Tube for registration, tools included; NO beeper for blinkers; Carb starts and runs perfect (no need to run Half choke). I guess I won’t be using carb jets.
I actually would like the Beeper for blinkers since hard to see they are still on.

Really like the Hawk, less than 100 miles so far, can’t beat the price. Arrived from Texas in 4 days.
Very cool, I too have a 2020 I got back in late June. Although depending on your location/elevation, may still want to tune those jets. You'd have to be way up above 3k feet for the stock main jet to be close.

I put a full size burrito tube on mine, first mod I did, and first hole I drilled too! Had maybe 7 miles on it. Eek! But it's now got a 14" long by 3.5" tool or spare gas storage!

Make sure to get in there and grease the ever loving frick out of the wheel bearings, rear axle and swing arm pivot, and the clutch and throttle cables could stand to be lubed too.

Don't forget to check and adjust the valves now as it's new, and again in about 100-200 miles. I like to do it a few times in the first 1000.

If you get a digital dash cluster and put LED blinkers on, they are infinitely easier to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaw611 View Post
That's like mine (the 2020 X-Pro version). Mine needed jets though. It wouldn't go over like 35mph without half choke and the idle would race up uncontrollably. I have put some serious sweat equity in the bike since it came in May, but it's a beast for sure.
No joke... I've put half the cost of the bike into upgrades and mods to make it better, and make it mine. If something happened to it (worst case, like Megadan, it gets stolen) I would be beside myself in grief. Sadly I have more time modding, upgrading and tuning than I do riding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
I found the same with my 2020 Hawk although I had to shim the needle in the carb but that's all. Even the valves were adjusted correctly!
I have to say that the only thing "wrong" with it is the gas gauge is off.

Decals! We don't need no stinkin' Decals!
I too left off the stickers! I've got my own on it instead, minimal and somewhat tastefully applied. I did not like the stock ones at all. I find most Chinese machines' decals to be cheap and tacky looking.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelrandolph View Post

That was a dealership/importer issue, not an issue from the Factory at China.
The dealership/importer is the one that should check that every motorcycle they sell is working OK without issues.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
That was a dealership/importer issue, not an issue from the Factory at China.
The dealership/importer is the one that should check that every motorcycle they sell is working OK without issues.
Here in the US, most of these bikes are mail order. Even the importer does not assemble and test them, that 0.6km on the odometer was the factory test run. After that and it's crated up, it isn't ran or tested again until the purchaser sees it dropped off by freight truck to their house.

Even when opting for a "deliver assembled and tested" option by the dealer, we can't trust that they did a good job at all. Which is why it's largely a waste of money.