Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2018, 08:54 PM   #1

SSR Razkull

I was going to buy a CT70/125cc bike online. Then I discovered the Razkull and a dealer (Yamaha) near me had 3 of them. I go over there and I am impressed that the bike is bigger than I thought and actually the quality seemed pretty damn good. Here's where it goes south. The demo was repainted pink. WTF? It had a dead battery. When it was jumped it did not want to start. It was 70 out and this thing had to be choked for a long time before it would stop stalling.

OK, they get it going. Can I ride it? NO. Guy asked me if I want one of the other colors he has and I say "what is the best price today? I can put it on my credit card" He brings me in the office. $1995.00. OOPS, they have it on their webpage for $1699.00. I don't tell him this yet. Then he adds on tax, shipping, assembly and all kinds of BS title, registration, documentation to the tune of an extra $1000.00. So now the bike is $3000.00 and I know I can get it on line for way less. I tell him he's on crack and leave.

So now I'm thinking this whole chinese bike thing over. The allure was CHEAP thrills. The drawback, dicey quality and buying something you've never laid eyes on from a dubious wholesaler. So I start looking at other bikes. I find a Kawasaki Z125 on line. I freaking love this thing. But........ It's $3000.00 to start. The Kawasaki dealer is going to try to bang me like the Yamaha dealer did. It'll be $4000.00 all said and done. On the up side, it will sell for more if I need to off it. It's probably going to outlast the chinese bikes and be less problematic.

Anyone else consider these problems? What is another bike like a SSR Razkull that I may be able to score cheap?

Old 04-30-2018, 07:48 PM   #2

Take a look at the TaoTao Hellcat.
A lot of clone for the money.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #3

Benelli TNT 135 is my top choice right now. This looks like a sweet ride. Less than the Kawasaki. Fuel injection and decent horsepower.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Take a look at the TaoTao Hellcat.
A lot of clone for the money.
The Taotao will be about $1400 shipped to your door--about $1600 once you tag and title it. Here is an example.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/1...mc-hellcat.htm

People have been having good luck with Vader 125's for even less money:

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...ducts_id/20474

The good is not a lot of cash outlay, and you get to beat up and drop a cheap bike. The bad is probably not a good resale like the Grom or Z125, but keep in mind the far higher cost of those combined with dropping and/or beating up on those reducing your resale value down the road.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #5

I should have mentioned to see if you can find a Lifan KP150 mini. It has higher quality than other Chinese brands like the Taotao Hellcat or Vader, and actually out-Groms the Grom as far as power goes; 150cc vertical thumper (vs. horizontal), and 5 speed transmission. Yes, carbed, but again, the quality is there. But, it MSRPs for $1999. There is a series of videos of a guy with one, and his buddy on a Hawk riding all over the place, and he mentions where he was able to mail-order his as Lifan generally is a brick and mortar brand, but apparently allows the one deal to mail-order them. It might be Red Oak in Texas, but watch the videos if you put Lifan KPMini 150 in the search bar.

I believe this is the dealer: https://www.redoakcycles.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-01-2018, 12:32 AM   #6

I like the Benelli TNT 135

kymco spade or K-pipe is another option.
I always wanted to try a k-pipe

https://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/spade-150/

I have a hellcat great bike if you put in the work.
and you can find them as cheap as 1200$ to your door.
and parts are sooo easy to get.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:36 AM   #7

Thanks Chinabike. I guess the only downside to the Benelli is the after market support. I think I'll be happy with it out of the box so not a deal breaker for me. Another poster here recommended Woods Addict Cycles in Wisconsin. Kurt there was really helpful and I'd rather give him the business than buy from the local dealers as I have not had a good experience so far with these people. He had the Razkull,Lifan and Benelli and swore by the Benelli if it was in my budget. My other bike is an old Harley Sportster. It is a temperamental beast. I'm looking forward to not fixing a bike every few times I ride it.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #8

HELLCAT

My brother is getting on of these. Lots on info and interchangeable Grom parts work.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #9

https://alcoagoodtimes.com/Motorcycl...2-a8a401626082

Old 05-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
That Benelli looks pretty cool except for the fugly rear fender thing. Looks like it would be easy enough to remove though.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #11

The Lifan Mini is a lot of bike for $1995.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman55 View Post
The Lifan Mini is a lot of bike for $1995.
who in the states is selling them currently?

Old 05-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
who in the states is selling them currently?
Woods Addict Cycles in Wisconsin. Another poster said good things about the guy and I sent him an email inquiry. He got right back to me. His pricing is in line and shipping to NJ was fair enough. I called him up and spoke about the bikes, he's a really good guy and I'm glad I gave him my business. His name is Kurt.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman55 View Post
Woods Addict Cycles in Wisconsin. Another poster said good things about the guy and I sent him an email inquiry. He got right back to me. His pricing is in line and shipping to NJ was fair enough. I called him up and spoke about the bikes, he's a really good guy and I'm glad I gave him my business. His name is Kurt.
I got to meet him in person when I bought mine. Great guy, totally recommend buying from Kurt.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #15

Someone posted on my video a comment of the only authorized dealer that is allowed to ship the bike. It’s prommising because I’ve seen videos where people got them in a crate.