Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #1

What would you change about the Hawk?

I'm curious what people's suggestions for improvement are, I know two real common ones are swapping out the sprockets and the carb, what else? Be specific, and I'll try to compile a list and send it to the factory. Maybe they'll release the Hawk 2.0?

Old 02-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #2

I personally think that they need to eliminate the buzzer for the turn signals, a key lock access to remove the seat easier and send an actual instruction manual with the bike for all the torque specs (ie: valve's) and focus their attention on applying to get the bikes street legal in at least the 49 states without having to go the Vermont route. These may bring the cost of the bike up another 100 bucks, but it would be very worth while for sales and dealers would be more inclined to sell the bikes at their stores across the U.S. if it were fully legal.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

Ok, height versions, 21/18 , 19/17 options. Also knobbie vs dual-sport. tire versions. Wider ratio gearbox. Upgrade to rear swing arm. Tach,barkbuster type option.rear rack option( though sadle bags work just fine for me)optional laaaarge gas tank.tho the stocker is good as is.better, longer shift lever. Better foot pegs.better sealed wheelbearings.o ring chain.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Ok, height versions, 21/18 , 19/17 options. Also knobbie vs dual-sport. tire versions. Wider ratio gearbox. Upgrade to rear swing arm. Tach,barkbuster type option.rear rack option( though sadle bags work just fine for me)optional laaaarge gas tank.tho the stocker is good as is.better, longer shift lever. Better foot pegs.better sealed wheelbearings.o ring chain.
I don't think optional equipment is going to work unless they get real dealers like csc with the tt. But we can dream.

2014 Hawk 250
Firehawk minibike
Previous bikes~
1995 Yamaha YZ125
1998 Yamaha YZ250
1981 Yamaha YZ465
1987 Honda TRX 250R X2 one stock one modified
2002 Buell Blast
2001 Buell X1 Lightning
2000 Kawasaki ZR7

Old 02-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #5

Reasonably I'd like to see a tachometer usd forks and maybe 2 sets of tire rim combo offered one off road one on road oriented. That's all I can think of right now.

2014 Hawk 250
Firehawk minibike
Previous bikes~
1995 Yamaha YZ125
1998 Yamaha YZ250
1981 Yamaha YZ465
1987 Honda TRX 250R X2 one stock one modified
2002 Buell Blast
2001 Buell X1 Lightning
2000 Kawasaki ZR7

Old 02-26-2016, 02:15 PM   #6

Adam,
forget about the sprockets. those are things that people change to suit their taste, so you'd never get consensus on that. focus on the gear ratios. the lower ratios are ok, but spread them out more going to 3, 4 and 5. that would improve street top end.

mounting for rack and bags would be useful for me. make it adventure sport ready. perhaps produce a dual sport ready bike similar to the storm with road ready tires.

counterbalanced motor (might as well make a dream list)

pegs need some attention. the rubber ones are too small and don't grip on trail.

someone may know the answer to this.....is it possible to get 19/17 rims that fit our hawk???? point me to them??? I'd like to have a set of each based on how I plan to ride.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #7

A better brake design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake.jpg (74.7 KB, 451 views)

Old 02-27-2016, 04:34 AM   #8

add some more color options, white, orange and silver to start.better foot pegs.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-27-2016, 06:25 AM   #9

I think 17/45 sprockets as stock would be a far better starting point. Most people are buying these for riding on the road, as a pure dirt bike would make more sense for someone planning primarily off-road riding. The current setup is pretty much pure dirt.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-27-2016, 07:48 AM   #10

I have close to a 1000 miles on my Hawk. Overall for the price it is a tremendous value. I wouldn't change a thing on this bike. The beauty of the Haosen 250 is parts for modifying this great little bike are dirt cheap. Sprockets, carbs, etc. all will be personal choices and undoubtedly what ever upgrades you put on before shipping will be changed by the owner. It's a great little platform that can be readily and inexpensively modified to suit the needs of the end user. Whether that be pure dirt, commuter or overland travel. I'm really digging this little bike.

Haosen 250 Adventure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_adv23018.jpg (97.1 KB, 1415 views)

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 02-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #11

I would love for them to get it nhtsa approved. The is the big issue in these parts.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:35 AM   #12

Since you're marketing it as street legal (at least in red states) with the basic equipment to do so, it'd be nice to have an option for dual sport tires instead of the knobbys. Maybe be able to select that option along with the color.

Beyond that, I'd keep it as is, and make sure that the price point keeps people interested in it. As you can see from around here, carb settings, sprocket choices, and type of driving are user preferences. It's a a great value and for another $100 or so, most folks seem to be able to trick it out how they like.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
I would love for them to get it nhtsa approved. The is the big issue in these parts.
I don't understand nhtsa approved, do you have any info or web links so I can understand it more.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #14

manual

an assembly manual would of saved me a lot of time guessing and maybe have the bolts to each part in seperate and labeled bags would be great.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #15

A DOT Sticker.