Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
You bought a first tune kit with jets right?
I should be posting them from CT USA Today or so
Yes sir! Thanks for your help. Glad you have these parts available. I have a few other things from you on my watch list to buy soon.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:20 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshlaird View Post
Yes sir! Thanks for your help. Glad you have these parts available. I have a few other things from you on my watch list to buy soon.
I only have a few bits in the USA with me so it could be wise to Pm check and shipping will be much faster, or I’m back in china the 25th
I have:
Pumper carb set with all options.
Carb air screw tool
Valve adj tool set
Lock set for either hawk or TBR7 which just needs a plug change.
Couple large rear racks

A few more first tune kits coming with me wife next week
I’m a bit limited while here or faster postage

Old 06-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Here pix of the jet. Has Keihin stamp symbol and says 33. This carb is stamped also with "You all" but in a different place. The bowl has Russia Standard on it. Could be making two different carbs with different jets? Anyone recognize this jet?
That is a Cold start Pilot.. here's the vid...this is what I run in my PZ30 Pumper. link is in the description.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #49

Got my pz30b a few days ago from nzbrakelathes, need to get it on my storm soon. Bikes stock right now, any advice on where to start with jetting? Might do an exhaust in the fall, right now what little time I have is going to wrenching on the storm and my vtx so I can hopefully ride them soon.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
Got my pz30b a few days ago from nzbrakelathes, need to get it on my storm soon. Bikes stock right now, any advice on where to start with jetting? Might do an exhaust in the fall, right now what little time I have is going to wrenching on the storm and my vtx so I can hopefully ride them soon.
Prob 40 pilot 103/105 main
That’s the same as hawk first tune
I’d suggest that be ok as a starting point etc

Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 PM   #51

Quote:
For a stock bike. If you are at a lower elevation (sub 5kft) 45 pilot jet and a 105 or 110 main and needle in 3rd or 4th notch. This should get you pretty close.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #52

Thanks guys. Taking Thursday off to take my daughter in to get her cast on her arm hopfully, rest of the day should be registering the storm, swapping the carb, putting the cruisers carb back together and maybe swapping the speedo in the storm if time allows.

Storm runs ok stock, bit of lean bog and its cold blooded. I'm looking forward to the pumper helping out with the bog and setting it a hair richer over all should help with the cold idle. Debating on if I should remove the pair system.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:16 PM   #53

Quote:
Debating on if I should remove the pair system.
You could, but I would wait until you put on a different exhaust or de-cat the stock one. The extra air pumped into the exhaust is to help keep the catalyst functioning properly in terms of function and in effect also help prevent it from "clogging" or fouling up.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-11-2019, 10:20 PM   #54

Yeah keeping it hot and burned out. I don't mind it, the occasional lean pop it causes isn't a big deal as long as it doesn't cause any issues down the road. Pulling it off my cruiser while cleaning the carb because of the issues it causes with vacuum leaks. More involved system though with a bunch or lines.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:50 PM   #55

[QUOTE=Cravin01;311704]That is a Cold start Pilot.. here's the vid...this is what I run in my PZ30 Pumper. link is in the description.QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I eventually tracked the jets down on ali express awhile back. I am waiting for the jets to get here from China to see how they work in that "Russia Standard carburetor." I went round and round with the seller of the PZ30B and he eventually gave me $10.00 credit so I could get the jets for it. You got the "Russia Standard carb" with the rebuild kit and appears it came with that Keihin "cold start jet" but the picture of the rebuild kit shows another style pilot jet? Did the carb and rebuild kit both come with "cold start jets?"

Old 06-12-2019, 06:27 AM   #56

[QUOTE=China Rider 27;311721]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin01 View Post
That is a Cold start Pilot.. here's the vid...this is what I run in my PZ30 Pumper. link is in the description.QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I eventually tracked the jets down on ali express awhile back. I am waiting for the jets to get here from China to see how they work in that "Russia Standard carburetor." I went round and round with the seller of the PZ30B and he eventually gave me $10.00 credit so I could get the jets for it. You got the "Russia Standard carb" with the rebuild kit and appears it came with that Keihin "cold start jet" but the picture of the rebuild kit shows another style pilot jet? Did the carb and rebuild kit both come with "cold start jets?"
I also sell a fully optioned PZ30B carb and extra jets etc - I would’ve solved this faster but I already add optional extra hrs to my set.
This might help others ready this post.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #57

Quote:
Thanks guys. Taking Thursday off to take my daughter in to get her cast on her arm hopfully, rest of the day should be registering the storm, swapping the carb, putting the cruisers carb back together and maybe swapping the speedo in the storm if time allows.

Storm runs ok stock, bit of lean bog and its cold blooded. I'm looking forward to the pumper helping out with the bog and setting it a hair richer over all should help with the cold idle. Debating on if I should remove the pair system.
Suggestion
Maybe think about using the single stock cable in to dial in the carb so it’s easier to remove etc
Once you have the jetting right connect the twin cable dial in the pump
In my mind this might be easier for some people etc and think it will cause less drama removing carb to alter jets etc

Just a thought

Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 AM   #58

Those jets were a real pain to find at first, no one had them in their carbs at the time so it was a lot of fun finding them.

I can say they work great and have been in my bike for about 7 months. The tip is beveled unlike the stock one but screws right in and works fine.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:42 AM   #59

So I tried to install my pumper after the voltage regulator fiasco and installing a digital cluster. Tired to adjust the pump timing only to find out it doesn't pump with the throttle. Even if you manually move the cam full travle it won't 18 out of 20 times. If you push the plunger down manually it will work. You can see in the video that a small amount of fuel Trickles out but no stream. The diaphragm is fine, the fuel paths look clean and I blew them out with carb cleaner. I tried adjusting the cam on the pump and that made no difference either. What am I missing?

2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:04 AM   #60

That Pumper carb is nothing like mine, Mine shoots horizontally through the slide and not upward and you are right there isn't nowhere near enough fuel coming out. I would say the cable is not compressing the plunger far enough or you may have a restricted pumper port. it is not functioning right FOR SURE!

2017 Bashan Storm