Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #1

Pics of my Shadow ACE

I know I have mentioned my Shadow a ton of times, first bike I ever had since new . Here are a couple of pics from last summer... I just threw it up on Kijiji to try to swap it for a KLR. If I don't get any bites I think I will just hang onto it and ride it occasionaly 8)

Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #2

Awesome. Is that the 750? Chain drive?

My friend back in Kalifornia had one and he let me use it one summer when my buddy Jimmy from NJ visited. Jimmy rode my Interceptor and I rode the ACE. Same color as yours, looked identical. NICE BIKE. Smooth, easy, handled quite well. As I recall it could have used a sixth gear and/or taller gearing for the highway, but other than that the bike was a 10. I rode that bike about 1,000 miles, not a hitch. Typical Honda. IIRC, it's made in Maryville, Ohio alongside my Wing.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Awesome. Is that the 750? Chain drive?

My friend back in Kalifornia had one and he let me use it one summer when my buddy Jimmy from NJ visited. Jimmy rode my Interceptor and I rode the ACE. Same color as yours, looked identical. NICE BIKE. Smooth, easy, handled quite well. As I recall it could have used a sixth gear and/or taller gearing for the highway, but other than that the bike was a 10. I rode that bike about 1,000 miles, not a hitch. Typical Honda. IIRC, it's made in Maryville, Ohio alongside my Wing.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
Yup, it's the 750 with the chain. Funny you mention the 6th gear, I'm always trying to shift up once more when I'm in 5th... Needs one of those chinese gear indicators! Awesome bike but I haven't ridden it much since my son was born... It's a 98 and it only has 20,000 km's on it. I guess that would be about 12,500 miles? I got one email already from a guy that wants to swap a Kabuta mini excavator for it... Lol, I said no thanks

Old 04-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #4

That is a nice motorcycle, Stew; since you wish to trade it for a KLR, I might assume your Konker has transformed you into a dual sport afficionado.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
That is a nice motorcycle, Stew; since you wish to trade it for a KLR, I might assume your Konker has transformed you into a dual sport afficionado.

Spud
Bigtime! Love the dual sports, much more comfortable riding position than the cruiser bikes IMHO.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #6

That's a nice looking bike. 8)

I'd be tempted by the the Kubota. I'd take it into the back yard and start digging some holes. It would be a fun way to make extra cash on weekends.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #7

Great looking bike Stew!

Hope you get what you're looking for out of it.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #8

Success! A fellow is trading a galaxy blue 08 KLR650 for my Shadow... I have to pony up $1200 difference but I still think it's a dynamite deal. He's only got 2400 km's on it and lots of farkles.... Mmmm, Corbin seat He's supposed to come pick up the Shadow next week, got my fingers crossed it all goes through without a hitch!

Edit: Oops! No such thing as a galaxy blue 08... It's actually called "Blue 21". Sounds like something you would add to food

Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Success! A fellow is trading a galaxy blue 08 KLR650 for my Shadow... I have to pony up $1200 difference but I still think it's a dynamite deal. He's only got 2400 km's on it and lots of farkles.... Mmmm, Corbin seat He's supposed to come pick up the Shadow next week, got my fingers crossed it all goes through without a hitch!
That's great, Stew. Please keep us updated!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #10

Quote:
WARNING WILL ROBINSON.

Check out the seat with a decent length ride.

I like Corbins, and have had a few. I've liked them all EXCEPT the one I had on my KLR650. It was the dished version, and it was MISERABLE.

It was designed more to lower seat height than anything and it sucked terribly compared to the stock sesat, which also sucked. The stocker was as soft as sitting on a loaf of Wonder Bread. Still, I switched back. The dished Corbin locks you in one miserable position, and was even worse off road.

Maybe there is a different style now, or maybe it will work for you but it was lousy for mee.

See if the guy has the stock saddle, and if you don't like the Corbin eBay it to some poor unsuspecting schmuck.

Other than that the new generation Killers are, as one of our members puts it, the shizzle.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Other than that the new generation Killers are, as one of our members puts it, the shizzle.
Haha... I heard that somewhere before..

Old 04-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #12

That's a nice looking bike.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Quote:
WARNING WILL ROBINSON.

Check out the seat with a decent length ride.

I like Corbins, and have had a few. I've liked them all EXCEPT the one I had on my KLR650. It was the dished version, and it was MISERABLE.

It was designed more to lower seat height than anything and it sucked terribly compared to the stock sesat, which also sucked. The stocker was as soft as sitting on a loaf of Wonder Bread. Still, I switched back. The dished Corbin locks you in one miserable position, and was even worse off road.

Maybe there is a different style now, or maybe it will work for you but it was lousy for mee.

See if the guy has the stock saddle, and if you don't like the Corbin eBay it to some poor unsuspecting schmuck.

No sweat Doc, I get the original seat with it as well as a gel seat that the fellow tried before he got the Corbin