Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2015, 12:45 AM   #1

Anyone know much about a Jianshe Flywing X100?

I bought one of these bikes a few weeks ago, and go a good deal on it. It ran good when I got it, didnt drive it until I got home. This is the first dirtbike Ive ever personally bought or owned so Im new to this, even though its common sense I should have test drove it before bringing it home. Anyhow, the person told me it was a Honda MX100 first off. It was about 9pm when I bought it, so I brought it home and the next day I test drove it. It started up fine, but as I get going down the road I notice a wobble in the rear end. That was the beginning of the problems. While I am at least a bit proficient in working on vehicles, my small engine and motorcycle repair and diagnoses skills are nill. I just have a few questions, and also issues, that if anyone could give me some info or help on, I would really appreciate it.

1. I have read around these forums these bikes are based on a Yamaha PW80 frame, with a horizontal 100cc Honda engine, and some even said modeled after a Dirt Runner 49, but the DR 49 is 49cc. So my question is, does anyone know what the actual cc is of the Flywing MX100? Also, which model it is closest to so that I could order parts for it?

2. I mentioned the rear tire wobbling earlier. Today I was going over it and noticed that one of the chain tensioners, on the righ side was broken so the right side could slide back and forth. I went out and bought a new set of tensioners, and adjusted them to where the chain wasnt too tight or too loose. Tightened down the axel bolts and test drove it, and the wobble was still there just not quite as bad. So I go back and look over it again and notice there are some loose spokes. Could this be making the back tire wobble? I know the most obvious reason is a bent rim, I was just hoping this isnt the case. If the loose spokes could be the culprit, could I just tighten them up a bit and it would help?

3. And lastly, I have some slight, very very slight oil leakage from a little silver cover type thing on the right side of the bike. Its close to where I put oil in and also close to the little glass hole where I can check the oil level. Heres is a few pics.

http://s28.postimg.org/g2wnfc1gd/KIMG0008.jpg
http://s28.postimg.org/9y55209ct/KIMG0009.jpg

The oil seeps from the bottom of that litle siler plate, towards the right side of it. You can tell it is deffinitley coming from the silver plate.
I was thinking it is most likely a seal, or gasket that is the issue. My question is, is there anything I could make a "home-made" gasket or seal out of for it? I'm not even sure what it looks like, but is thre some type of material that would work for this? The oil just barely leaks, its a super super slow leak. When its running it leaks a bit more, but still not much.

4. Oh, I almost forgot. I would like to make it to where you need a key to start this bike. I noticed it has an on/off switch that wont start unless its on and if you turn it off it kills the bike. Would is just be as simple as buying, say a scooter key/ignition or even a go cart key/ignition and wiring it into that on/of witch? Or is it a lot harder than that?

Also just parts in general, would anyone happen to know here I could find parts for, or compatible with, this bike? If i can find out which model motor this one is cloned like that will help a lot.
Thanks for taking the time to read this long arse post! Any input or info is greatly appreciated.