Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #34

There are probably very close, but the CCW bikes OEM for their engines is Lifan, whereas the OEM for the engines for the Haosen is not clear. On the EPA certification list for off-road bikes, the engine manufacturer is 'Chongqing Haosen Motorcycle Company, Ltd.' but as with other companies who are listed as their own engine manufacturer, oftentimes it will be one of three companies--Loncin, Lifan, or Zongsheen. My TMEC 200 falls into that category, as the OEM for the engine is Zongshen, while the EPA lists TMEC Power and something or another (Chinese companies like to add words to their names) listed as their engine's OEM.

The reason I mention all this is to point out that it is my belief that the Lifan mills used in the CCW bikes are proprietary engines to PIT or whoever imports them--they are probably manufactured to where they can take internal modifications, as there are factory performance parts available. The majority of every other Chinese bike's engines are generally best to be left alone internally.

Case in point--the longest running thread over on Mychinamoto.com is an ongoing discussion about the DongFang bobber. Near identical to the CCW Heist. But a few members there, over the years, have reported doing in their engines due to trying to modify them. I don't recall anyone using CCW parts to modify, but either way, I WOULD hesitate before playing around inside the Hawk's engine (heck, I would probably not play around inside the CCW engine, either).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard