Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #1

TAOTAO 250 Rhino - Can't tune Mikuni correctly.

So a couple weeks ago I received my 2017 taotao rhino 250 and right from the gate I loved it for a whopping $1000. I have since added a winch to the front, I am in the process of doing 2LZ's rear hitch idea. I have also swapped out carbs, I have changed to the mikuni vm26 clone and I am currently running a 115 main and a 35 pilot. I have had the size 20 pilot in it and also a 30 size pilot in it. I just today put in a 35 as I thought I was running too lean. Here is my issue.

This quad revs ridiculously high. I have it tuned enough so that I can ride this thing and it is excellent with lots of power, but if I pull in the clutch or put it in neutral, the RPMS soar. I have tried the mixture screw in 1-2-3-4-5-5 even 7 turns and it isn't helping. I have messed around with the needle and changed the slider to every position. I am at a complete loss. I have a K&N style filter on it and I'm starting to think that I'm just pulling too much air for the little carb and motor. I have messed with the idle screw as well and that doesn't help. I'm just at a loss. The only other symptoms I have had, which I "think" I have fixed, is that between idle and 1/4 throttle, I would have some light backfire type issues, hence why I jumped from the 30-35 pilot. I think that has MOSTLY solved that issue. Other than that, I'm lost. I don't know what I'm running, be it lean or rich, when I check the plug it looks good. Any help would be great.