Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #1

Crank access port cover completely seized on new RX3

Hello, this is my first post but I have been occasionally referring to this forum for information and such on the RX3.

So today I started the process of my initial valve adjustment after break in. This isn't my first valve adjustment and I'm not an inexperienced mechanic by any means. However I didn't get very far because the crank access port cover, the large cap with the 10mm hex hole, is completely and utterly stuck in the crankcase cover. I didn't get on it with anything more than a 3/8" ratchet and a hex bit socket but it wouldn't budge. Okay, so I use some penetrating oil, some light heat, and a little more force. Nothing. Repeat, tap on it with a mallet, nothing. More force, oh the inside of the soft aluminum is starting to give, that's great. More heat and a light impact wrench, doesn't budge. More force and finally strips out the inside of the cover. Well they're $1.75 on CSC's website so no worries. I go to town on this thing with everything I have and I even grind it out into a square and put my 3/8" extension in there. Strips again and doesn't budge. I'm still currently working on it but I'm not happy.

Anyone heard of this before? I'm under warranty for parts and I can remove the entire left side cover but seriously this is ridiculous.