Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2018, 11:47 PM   #1

RX3 vs Enfield Himalayan

I have not found an article comparing the Zongshen RX3 and Royal Enfield Himalayan. They are so similar in price and performance that comparison tests are inevitable.
-I did find some discussion in a Himalayan thread on another web site, shown below. The poster summed it up pretty well:
"...it seems the RX3 has some competition on the horizon. Royal Enfield's new 411cc adventure bike is on the market in 2018.
-It's heavier and doesn't appear to come with bags stock, but the price is only a couple hundred more than the RX3.
-Same horsepower, slightly more torque, and an extra 22 lbs of weight.
-Top speed is about the same though. 140kph, or 87mph. It looks great to my eye, especially naked... but I'm not sure it's the right choice.
-The added torque means it probably holds speed up hills better and does highway cruising better, but it's already weighing in at 401 lbs dry with no luggage vs the 385 lbs dry for the fully decked out CSC RX3.
-The big aluminum panniers and racks are going to add another 35-40 lbs easily, and they cost $599, plus $112 for the rack. Crash bars are another $110. Haven't priced a rear rack or trunk yet.

-So, just guestimating, the Royal Enfield Himalaya is just over $1000 more expensive than the CSC RX3 when similarly equipped. It's 65 lbs (ish) heavier when so equipped, and has 8 ft lbs more torque. It will however have significantly bigger bags than the RX3, but you have to pay for that. The RX3 can be upgraded with even bigger bags than the Royal Enfield for less money too...

-I'd really, really love to see a shootout between these two bikes. The RX3 has the adventure look and the reliability down. The Enfield looks... well, it looks really cool. But it has a history of lackluster quality to deal with, and it's not significantly better than the RX3 in performance or value. I think it's a wash between the two, but won't know until I see them and sit on them in person."

Last edited by wheelbender6; 03-14-2018 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Fix img link