Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #1

Rude ORION Powersports Experience

Sorry for the Long Story...

Back in February 2018, I was looking to get one of those little Pit Bikes just to have for some silly riding and they just looked like a lot of fun. Anyways I settled on getting the SSR 125. Saw a lot of people had them and a lot of people had good things to say about a $600-$800 bike.

I stumbled upon OrionPowerSports and their website seemed clean and fairly organized so I stuck with them.

Well everything likely would have gone well, But when I received my bike I was getting started with taking the metal frame off so I could get the assembly process started. I noticed a loose bit of cardboard right under the engine and underneath that card board I saw wet soaked cardboard.

I moved the loose piece and saw a good sized puddle of oil underneath it. I'll add that I find it strange that a useless piece of cardboard was somehow dry and underneath it was spilled oil.. (Looks as if someone tried to cove it up or something) and also there were some orange bits of broken plastic (My fairings are orange). I at first thought the worst, that the engine some how got damaged and got a hole in it.

But from further inspection the engine looked fine and I noticed that the overflow tube was directly above this puddle and figure it just spilled over.

NOW that that is figured out I am on to wondering where these small bits of orange plastics came from as I didnt notice any of the fairings looking busted AND I add the part about the oil because that is the only reason I noticed these bits of plastics earlier on. Otherwise I wouldnt have noticed till way later (Which is also an important part of the story).

So after looking the bike over more thoroughly I found the Rear Right fairing had a crack in it, near the seat, where chunks of plastics broke off. (Mind you, the SSR comes covered in graphics which are then covered with a white peal off cover) So that is why I didnt really notice anything at first as it was covered by stickers on top, then from the bottom it wasnt really that noticeable.

So i thought "Well that sucks but oh well its only plastic Im sure I can easily get a replacement or the dealer will hook me up since it was shipped this way and is called about on the day of delivery" WRONG.

I delayed calling as I wasnt too worried about it and just kept on with my assembly and would call them after I was done.

SO I call ORION and explain that i just got the bike hours ago & the way that I discovered the broken plastic and that I didnt even notice it until I was into the assembly process. This guy then laughs... and says "well did you see it when the guy delivered it" I said "uh.. no it was covered with stickers and I didnt really notice it until I saw the broken bits covered by a piece of cardboard".

He then chuckles and says "wow, you really dont know how to follow directions, huh? You're suppose to inspect the bike and sign it as damaged" I said "oh... well ya i mean, i didnt notice the damage underneath the stickers, so I didnt sign it as so". He then continues to be rude saying stuff along the lines of "You simply just dont know how to follow directions, you inspect the bike before signing, I guess we would have to call you and explain our policy for you to under stand that, huh?"..

As much as I wanted to lay into this guy I kept my cool and said.. "sure.. but anyways what can we do about this? I bought and payed, in full, for a BRAND NEW bike from you guys and it was sent to me damaged.. and i didnt notice until I started to assemble it. Should I have assembled it in front of the delivery driver?" He says "Well, we sell the plastic kits for $80 on our website" I replied with "oh so i just payed full price for a bike from you and now have to give you $80 more?..." he says "Yep. or you can file a claim with the shipping company, but really its not our problem you didnt follow directions"

I then get into explaining to the guy how ridiculous it is that there policy pretty wants me to build the bike, unwrap everything, look over every single part all while the delivery driver sits and waits for me to sign. His only reply is "well ya, he cant leave until you sign for it" at that point I just said "ok thanks for the information unfortunately you are left with an unsatisfied customer" And hung up.

Now, this may not have struck me as much (As i understand policies and I understand that some employees can only do so much in their power) but the fact that this guy was a total DICK about it is what causes me to give them a bad rep. Had he maybe been apologetic and understanding and then explained the policy and that he cant really do anything about it, he just immediately started being rude and implying that I'm stupid or something.

AND my other problem is if I had a WAY more important part damaged, that ORION would have just told me "oh well, not our problem. You didn't notice it right away. Good luck." Then I would have been furious. AND also I do not want that to happen to someone else who receives a much more severely damaged bike.

After this I really started to look into ORION PowerSports. (Which I should have done before purchasing..) and as I read their google reviews and BBB claims.

(they claim on their website to have an 'A' BBB ranking but on BBB site its a D-... ).

So right there they are already up to shady business. Plus their website lists their address as a different building than where their actual store is located.. I had to do some digging to actually find the building and address of the actual business.. Just another suspicious thing, that finding information about the business is somewhat hard to do..

Anyways, There was NOT one response from ORION, on google or BBB, that wasnt rude or calling the customer a liar or stupid, Also it seemed as though the person responding to the reviews was making stuff up... And most of the reviews claiming that they were also met with rude customer service, similar to what I experienced.
The good reviews are from people that didnt have to deal with customer service, it seems.

So my jaw about hit the floor knowing that I just bought a $800 machine from such a terrible company. When usually I am very cautious who I buy from on the internet especially exceeding $100.

& That my bike, is SOL if anything is wrong with it within the first start up and ride... LUCKILY so far all has been okay, besides the broken plastic.

Just my story and warning about ORION's poor customer service and that if you order from them you better hope nothing is wrong with your machine, they wont care once they have your money.

When all i wanted was a replacement piece of plastic, could only imagine if you needed a much more expensive/complex part...

GOOGLE:
https://www.google.com/search?q=orio...7e8a5c2f7ac2,1,,,

BBB:
https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bu...and-complaints