Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #1

Great test ride on RX3 but need some feedback

I finally got to test ride an RX3 yesterday. It was a used 2016 with only 750 miles. I was expecting less than stellar performance given the taller gearing and added weight compared to my TT250 but was very surprised to find the performance much better than I expected. I did about 1/2 hour ride in the city, through some curves and then returned on the freeway so that I could get a good cross section of riding experiences. Well I was very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed the bike. Now I see why so many people like these.

The only negative issue for me was the ergonomics. I’m 5’11”, 180 lbs and have a 32” inseam. The bike felt very cramped for me with its deeply dished seat that doesn’t allow any movement. I’ve read about the taller seat option and would like to get some feedback on how much it raises the rider and whether you can move back and forth on it, and whether it’s comfortable. Anyone responding please include your measurements as a point of reference.

The other issue I need to get feedback on is riding 2 up. Is there enough room for 2 average size people to be comfortable ? My wife is about 5’6” and 140 lbs. Again, anyone responding please include your and your passenger’s measurements.

Overall, I came away with a very positive experience and will be spreading the word amongst my riding friends. The bike was relatively fast, smooth and nimble, though I didn’t really put it though the paces of riding the twisties. I enjoyed it so much that if I can resolve the ergo issue, an RX3 may find a home next to my TT and could force me to sell my BMW if I find that it’s just collecting dust because my CSC bikes become my “go to” bikes.