• JB weld vacuum nipple on fuel pressure regulator
  • new nuts for exhaust studs
  • hardware for TB - intake manifold mounting
  • fittings for fuel pressure gauge
  • tap for vacuum port on manifold
  • shaved horn button
  • clip holding crank case vent hose
  • re-route clutch cable

All that and more, tonight on This Old Thread!

User Whiskey has told me that he(I'm guessing, forgive me if I'm wrong) has contacted motorkit.com and they have said that they DO ship to the US. Moreover, they have the gp1 exhaust is stock and he has bought one from them. I run a number of ad-blockers and script blockers on my web browser; it is quite possible that one or more of those could have messed up the checkout page, making it appear as though they didn't ship to the US.

Meanwhile I, or rather my cat had a bit of bad luck. Nollie came in from being outside with a red front paw a couple nights ago. I'll spare the details, but she seems to be much better now. No limping, no hiding, no pain-meowls, just an occasional lick on her left front paw. I paused for about a day when that happened. Purrs > Vrooms.

On to less sad things! When Whiskey told me that the gp1 exhausts were back in stock, I was originally going to return the ebay one I have and use that to subsidize the purchase of the gp1 exhaust. However, today I finally went to the local hardware store and pickup some nuts, bolts, and washers that let me mock-up the exhaust as if there were another ~1cm of pipe added to the piece that mounts to the engine. I bought 5 washers, I forget what fractional size they are, but they're 32mm OD. I stacked those on top of the bit of exhaust pipe that actually goes into the engine and is held in place with the flange. With all 5 washers, the nuts for the exhaust studs only had about 3 threads to grab onto, but that's ok; I'm just mocking up the location of everything and I'm not going to use all 5 washers. I just bought these washers as an inexpensive place holder for these.

With the exhaust in place as it is intended to be used, the passenger footpeg and the whole "arm" that bolts the passenger peg is in the way, but the muffler is (or rather would, if the peg wasn't there) pointed out the back of the bike, not out to the side, and there is about 5mm between the exhaust manifold and the starter motor. With the exhaust installed with the mid pipe turned around, so the end that normally connects to the muffler now connects to the header pipe and vise-versa, the passenger footpeg is no longer in the way and there is still ample clearance between the starter and the exhaust manifold. Unfortunately, the spring clamps loops that hold the muffler to the mid pipe and the mid pipe to the manifold are either rotated and/or too short. So I can either install the exhaust as intended with new rearsets, or flip one bit around, keep the stock rearsets, but have to take the exhaust pipes to a welder and have them make and then weld some more spring hooks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flipped mid pipe.jpg (92.6 KB, 876 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190213_203444303.jpg (82.8 KB, 836 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190213_203232583.jpg (74.5 KB, 848 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190214_175731969.jpg (76.9 KB, 856 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190214_185013777.jpg (79.5 KB, 862 views)