Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #1

Orion rxb 250cc

Received the bike late last night, no damage to report from shipping. Only thing missing is the two springs that hold the muffler on.

Started this morning assembling, normal stuff like loctite bolts, and make sure everything is tight. Suprised that most all bolts were very tight. Only have one stripped thread on the upper mount for the rear subframe. I lubed front and rear wheel bearings, cleaned both rotors, and will finish tomorrow greasing the shock linkage, swingarm bolt and such.

I pulled all the stickers off, did notice the bike has had a lot of greasy hands on the plastics that haven't been cleaned off. Easy to wipe off, but still it's a new bike you'd figure it would be clean.

Drained shipping oil, added 1.5L of 15W40 Rotella, and adjusted valves on a cold engine, 0.004" intake and 0.005" exhaust. Pulled the carburetor (NIBBI brand), pilot is less than 0.018" (smallest bit I have to check), but not by much, and I left as is. The pilot is marked #40 and the main is marked #120. The stock main jet measured @ 0.045" to 0.048" with the clip on the second notch from the bottom. I drilled it to 0.052", and put the clip in the middle. Stock, the air mixture screw was 4 full turns out from bottom. Ran the engine till warm and set the air mixture screw to 1 1/2 turns from bottom, which was the best idle. I'm just above sea level, it was 90 degrees and high humidity.

So far it starts on a dime, runs smooth and that muffler is LOUD (it does sound good, though). Should get some easy ride time in tomorrow to start breaking in the engine. I'll keep ya updated...

Kirk