Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #26

Update on things... truck, still sealing. Had a COP go bad tho, and changed it. Was an original motorcraft. Luckily I have a bunch of good ones. Have driven to coast and back several times with no coolant leaking out or disappearing. Haven’t towed the trailer any significant distance yet tho. Wife’s bday is the 11th so that’s the weekend I’ll probably bring stuff home.

Also, the generator ran and powered my garage lights! Was over charging slightly so didn’t flip breaker to house. I adjusted the voltage by bringing the rpms down but now have to actually adjust voltage regulator to get to 60hz. So, hopefully this weekend will have the system in place and ready.

Tried to trade some guns for a motorcycle (like I need another one) but so far, no go. But, meanwhile, a friend wants my Marlin model 60 for 100$ and that will pay for me fixing a 10/22 that I got for 10$ - receiver and barrel only - from another friend. Kinda fun messing with them too.

And, Porsche Boxster - got the piece of styrofoam that fits in the back of the spare and holds the jack and handle for 40$. And then sold the Sprint Booster I had removed for 40$. So kind of a break even on that. Car is running well and I still love it. Meanwhile, my cousin in Nevada is trying to buy one. His teenage son has a 944 that they got for 1000$ and now he wants a Boxster. Pretty cool!
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN