Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2020, 01:25 AM   #16

I bought mine Saturday from a dealer in the nearest big city to me. They assembled it and delivered it to my house today. I somehow managed to put 10 kilometers on it by just riding it around my yard.

Initial impression is that the Icebear is, shall we say, a bit "sportier" with 125cc than the original CT 70 I rode from childhood into young adulthood was.

I wanted something I could use to get to fly fishing and hunting spots. I think this will work as well as the old CT 70 did once I ditch these "pavement only" tires on it. Actually, I think it'll work even better, as it seems to have substantially more torque and feels like first gear is lower, as well.

The dealer I bought from only had one in stock. It was black. I was kind of hoping for candy red because that would match the color of my old 2002 Mustang. Also, candy red was the color of the original CT 70 I grew up with.

I haven't ridden a motorcycle in decades. My last was a Yamaha TT 500 which, while I reckon it was a decent machine, wasn't really suited for the kind of off-roading I do. I basically ride (or, rode and will be riding again) in the manner the original CT 70 was intended to be ridden in off pavement. I suspect this Icebear Champion will suit my needs just fine once I learn to ride all over again.

Last edited by Telecaster; 06-17-2020 at 01:36 AM. Reason: spelling