Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #1

Elusive dream bike

Hey y'all...
My new Hawk DLX EFI will be here in the morning, but Im not nearly as excited about that as I am about getting a new dirt bike. I have been doing a lot of research for the last few weeks and I am only finding a few that I like. I want a dirt bike, not enduro ( I will have the Hawk for that). I feel as if I am missing what all is out there and available. Everytime I find one I really like, I find that it has been discontinued, out of stock, not imported into the U.S., or some other factor. I want it for a capable MX bike, not trails. I am 55yo, so Im not looking to be the next James Stewart, not going to be racing, but looking to be able to go to the track on the weekends and have fun.

The lead contender is the Orion RXB250. Its a beast! I like the 249cc, dual adjustable forks, adjustable rear shock w/ reservoir, 520 chain and 6-bolt rear sprocket, dual piston brakes, 21/18 wheels, seat height, and more. But I have only found one dealer, Orion, and they are taking pre-orders. I don't know when they will be getting it in.

Runner up is the X-Pro Titan. Seems like a capable bike for light MX. Non adjustable forks/spring, single piston brakes, 223cc engine, smaller chain, 4 bolt rear sprocket (I would like to be able to change sprockets)

AJPowersports (aj1moto.com) has several bike I like, but everything is a dead end.

Then I found the Kymoto XZ250. Product description and the tech specs contradict each other, then I found out it's out of stock. Will it be coming back??

Sure, I would like a SSR, but if Im going to spend that much on a KTM clone, I will just get a KTM, you know?

XMoto ZX250R - discontinued

Orion 36-RX Xtreme??? maybe could have had one several years ago.

The Apollo might be a capable trail bike, but MX? I don't know.

So, am I missing some bikes out there?? Got any suggestions of ones I need to look into? Maybe a dealer will read this and let me know they have something. It just seems to me that 10 years ago was the golden age of Chinese MX bikes, and now we have 3. Please help me!! I want to stay with Chinese. There is just something about doing something amazing with a bike no one really thinks about. I like the China bike community. I dream of winning a race and people saying "That's a China bike???!!!". We are just cool like that, right?