Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2021, 01:36 AM   #1

Question Best size Carb for Hawk 250

Hello, I have recently bought a hawk 250. After learning about how poorly tuned these are from factory I started looking around YouTube for a new carburetor so I could properly jet the engine. I know many people go with the VM26 clones that have a weird hybrid 30-26mm barrel. I have seen a lot of people say they work great stock but can limit the engine when you want to upgrade and swap parts (especially once a better flowing exhaust and intake are installed). I have future plans to swap the exhaust and change to a pod filter so I didn't want to be limiting my top end with a smaller carb (also the very popular Hwbnde VM26 clone is out of stock on Amazon right now). I then did some research into the Nibbi Pe series. I know some people have used these on highly modified China bikes (Port/polish, compression changes etc). But I have not seen any information about then being used with stock or simple bolt on parts, so I am wondering what the best size Nibbi Pe carb would be for a hawk 250 with just bolt on parts like an exhaust and pod filter? I’ve looked at both the Pe30 (30mm) and Pe28 (28mm). I am wondering if the true 30mm barrel is to big for the hawk and will be hard to jet correctly? Has anyone run either of these on a stock bike and knows a little more about them? Any advice or information would help.

Tags
carb upgrade, carbeurator, hawk 250, jetting, nibbi