Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2021, 09:24 PM   #1

Picked up the Lifan Xpect

Went to the dealer today and got the Xpect. I had actually purchased it two days ago, but for logistical reasons (friend's day off) had to wait until today. That gave me time to get insurance and plates for it.

The mechanic at the small Chinabike-only dealership said a couple of things that I wanted to bounce off you guys:
1. use the center drain plug under the motor, not the left-side one with the screen
2. plug gap should be about .020" - 025" (manual says .8 - .9mm, which is .031" - .035" and makes more sense to me)
3. use premium gas (manual says 87 octane).

I set the plug gap at about .035", and it ran perfectly for the 34-mile trip to my house. Used premium gas. Changing the oil tomorrow. I will also check the valve clearances.

I found the seat to not fit me well. It was quite uncomfortable. I am 5'11" and have a normal arm length for my size. I wanted to sit farther back, but the step up in the seat made that not work well. I plan to mod the seat real soon.

I will try to add the obligatory pic......file taken by phone too big. Hmmmm.....anyway, it's a green one. You know what they look like. It does have the green stripe on the wheels.

Last edited by TominMO; 09-09-2021 at 11:15 PM.