Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2022, 02:35 PM   #1

Does what I Want/Need~~even Exist?! (ChinaRiders will Know!) Help

Need something I can mount on the Front or Rear Bumper of my 1991 22' Toyota Micro-Mini "Dolphin" RV. While it is definitely one of the primary requirements that I be able to Have, Bring & Utilize this On/Off Road ?Transportation, Exploration ? MC/Bike type Platform ? with me & my Toyota RV while traveling/exploring/camping the US (which thus means "Hitch Mounting/Loading/Carrying" on my Toyota RV) - it will certainly not be it's only need/want requirement or sole use! More on that latter.....but the one Spec or Factor that seems to keep coming up, hindering me in finding/deciding what I ultimately need/want (hope for) is - WEIGHT!!

I'm guessing that 300lbs (+ or -) is my avg amt I'm working with. My 2" 1,500lbs towing capacity Rear Hitch has already been, and/or can be further upgraded to likely safely handle this weight. And I am sure I can manage the load/unloading of my "bike" also. But how difficult/easy/safe will this process be? There are of course a multitude of other considerations, trade offs, etc. while traveling, such as "overall gvw weight limits, ride dynamics, handling, vision (if mounted on front of RV), theft of MC, rain/sludge/dirt/rocks/road dmg, and others, etc.". Less Weight is definitely, usually Preferable! But less weight brings with it other sacrifices, such as top speed, power, safety, etc.!

I have been diligently reading, studying this fabulous forum/resource and the expert advice/opinions/info from the riders who frequent it. Mucho Thanks!
My first post is already too long, and I do not want to alienate, piss off or waste member's time. It will be hard, but here goes:

I'm 55 - adept at many other adrenaline rush sports ....WindSurfing, Snow Skiing, Tennis, Mnt Biking, etc; AND I used to aggressively ride Single Track on my 1976 TS 185 Suzuki - which I LOVED & have not felt right, comfortable ever since it was stolen in 1980! Paid $785 Cash in 76 & used it to commute to work/college, tennis courts to reliably/flawlessly simply "Light Out" whenever, wherever I wanted!! I MISS & WANT the Freedom/Bliss & ability to Escape by utterly "jumping a curb", exiting a Highway to Explore any trail, path, city, town, etc.

Budget is flexible - anywhere from $1,500 to $5,500. It will be an essential, necessary tool to have/bring while traveling in my RV as a 2nd vehicle, but also a primary "reason" to travel, and provide the platform to explore, adventure, discover, etc.! Less critical, but still important is to be able to use my MC/Bike to use, ride around my hometown as occasional transportation, errands, play around town & to escape town to explore surrounding smaller towns, country, woods, etc.

When not pressed - I prefer taking the back roads, older highways over Interstate Hwy's even when driving/traveling in my Infiniti QX 56 Land Yacht! Don't want/need whatever I decide upon for...Long distance Interstate or other congested, high speed major Highways; however, I may need to or would like to be able to briefly utilize it to access what I really want/prefer, which is exploring the Back Woods, Country, Nature - Discovering Quiet Spots, Creeks, Pastures.

That's enough! Too much prolly. There is a lot out there. It's like my Dad told me about Boats......Son, there is no such thing as the perfect Boat. The right one will be able to safely handle, perform, provide a Few needs/wants - but not all. I'm prolly asking for the impossible, and what may not exist. There are many platforms, brands, sizes, etc. I've discovered on this Forum that would all be good, cool and fun - for many certain & different needs/wants. I may have to priortize, or buy 3 different types - because I want them all on a budget. Ha Ha!

Ideas, Advice, Options are most appreciated.
Great Forum - Great Guys (and Gals)!!

Last edited by MonkeyMuggs; 01-10-2022 at 02:40 PM. Reason: missing title