Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2022, 09:44 PM   #1

Valve Adjustment Tools

I was going to get a nearly $24 valve adjustment tool to adjust the valves with my son on his new (20 year old!) Civic. Just couldn't spend that much, though it is a nice tool. I kept looking. The Honda has a 10mm lock nut and square head valve stem like the Storm and TBR7, so I expanded the search to both problems...Then I ran into this tool called a "Motorcycle Scooter Valve Tappet Engine Valve Screw Repair Wrench, Adjusting Square Hexagonal Hole Tool Spanner Tool"

[ATTACH]Name:  TwoPieces.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  105.6 KB[/ATTACH]

It has three different square socket sizes on the T-handle. The largest is on the long arm. The pass-through socket sizes are 10mm and smaller (but not 8mm. maybe 9?). $8 on Amazon right now, got it next day/today!

I verified the 10mm side on a valve cover bolt, so right then it occured to me that these are all you need to do the whole job (and a fat screwdriver to open the window to see the TDC mark

I struggled with a needle nose plier to hold the square post while tightening the lock nut when I adjust the valve lash. This will be MUCH easier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ValveAdjustToolPackage.JPG (136.7 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by Thumper; 03-24-2022 at 07:34 AM.