Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2024, 02:57 PM   #1

Make cable actuated shifter for hawk?

How can I use some sort of thumb shifter and cables to make it cable actuated?
Long story short my ankle has always been a problem for issues that are well beyond the repair ability and skill type of my mechanic ability and I lost my ankles user manual, and have been told their are not compatible replacement parts,
Joking aside,
I know theirs a way for me to make it cable actuated so I can still use my bike and pulling my whole leg up now to shift or placing the center of my foot onto the center shifter and pushing down with my toe under it to force my toe up into the shifter to up shift then picking my foot all the way up with my leg and putting it on the shifter to make it shift down.

I have a mig welder and some ideas but was hoping their was something premade ish that could help. I was thinking of two cables one for pulling down to shift down, and one for pulling up to shift up. I can make some sort of linkage but I'm not sure entirely how while making it possible to mount it normally on a cross jack for regular maintenance

The bike is in need of like, everything replacement, so I'm trying to get this done too.

P.s. technically it's a shark 250, which is essentially a Bashan brozz I think.