Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #1

110 Lifan Trailbikes

Bruce or Tom. I know you both were Redcat dealers, and several years ago, one of their biggest sellers (supposedly) was the replica trailbike in 70cc and 90cc trim.

As you know, Redcat received a "cease and desist" strongarm letter from Honda, and they stopped carrying the replicas. However, Lifan still carries them in 110cc trim. Do you guys stock them? I am interested to know how reliable they are as compared to the enduros. I have a chance to cut my commute from 40 miles/day down to about 2 miles if I take a new job, and would consider one of the trail bikes. In theory, even if it stranded me, I wouldn't have too far to walk, but if I buzz around town on it for errands and such, would the engine give out like my Jetmoto did on occasion before it really stranded me? Plus, my wife, who is intimidated by the enduro (probably its size, not its power) could theoretically ride the trailbike.

Does anyone own a mini-trailbike replica and could give me firsthand account? Beerslayer, didn't/don't you own one?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard