Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #1

Broken Goped, what to do?

bought a broken goped for 10$. this is my first one and i dont know anything about these so excuse my dumb questions

could someone please identify this and tell me how much it would be worth if it was running fine?

are gopeds chain driven? if so how would i attach a chain or sprocket to this thing to the back wheel?

which one is for the fuel line? and what would the other one be for? how would the fuel get to the carb if the carb is over the fuel tank

it looks like im missing my airfilter. where could i get one of these?

how would i mount this thing on and where do i mount it on

thanks

Old 03-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #2

So many questions!

The simple answer is the same as anything else; it will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. While that sounds trite, it's true. You might put $50 worth of parts in it just to sell it for $75. Remember that you can't operate this type of scooter anywhere except private property in BC, so that devalues it considerably.

Have you tried to find a dealer for this scooter? that would be the best way to find parts. if not, the engine looks just like a two stroke leaf blower motor to me, so I'd go that direction for an air cleaner. Take a look at leaf blowers and weed eaters at places like Rona and Home Depot, and see if you find a matching air cleaner.

We'd need a better photo of the sprocket area to guide you there.

The plastic thing is likely the fuel tank, and the bend in the hose will probably tell you which hose barb it connects to. You have to study it and figure out where the two bolt holes line up. See the bulb just below the two hose barbs on the carb? That's a primer that will help pull two stroke fuel into the carb to start it.

It looks like you have a sprocket laying under the fuel tank. Can you figure out how it mounts?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #3

If it helps the engine looks like a generic 49cc 2 stroke pocketbike engine.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #4

It seems to me that they bring about $200 around here.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #5

That's a good observation Doc.

andrew5826, does the engine look exactly like the one in your two stroke quad? If so, that will be an excellent guide and you'll be able to get parts from Gio.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer