Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #1

Lifan Lf150 problem

I just purchased a Lifan LF150-25 sport bike. I got a pretty good deal on it I think, time will tell. It is new with only 2 miles on it but the catch was, there were a few pieces missing on it, so I thought heck no problem. ehhh I have a problem. The cyclinder is water cooled (which surprised me), and one exhaust port has the exhaust pipe bolted to it but there is another exhaust port and whatever blocked it is missing. I assume it was blocked off by some method. Any ideas? Should I just make a plate to go over the port and cap it off or is there a part I should try to order. I was kinda shocked to see a 150cc single cyclinder engine with two exhaust ports. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #2

Hi cliftstuff
Quote:
I just purchased a Lifan LF150-25 sport bike.
I have not seen a 150 sport bike, and water cooled? Ok anyway the second hole for the exhaust does it come out of the top of the head? If it does that was for an emissions tube and yes that can be capped. If not send me a picture of it {the head area of the second hole} it may have been set up for two exhaust pipes. I have seen this on some 200 models that have two exhaust pipes on them.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #3

I finally figured out the exhaust for the Lifan. I took the side fairing off and found only one exhaust valve cap right in the middle of the head. I was also able to stick my pinky from one port to the other. Evidently these were designed so they could run right,left or dual exhaust, although I wonder if there is any benefits to having dual exhaust. Also I found that it is the 162MJ engine but the water-cooled version. :?