Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #1

g'day

I have been lurking on and off for a couple of years, not much to say but I should say hello! Living in Aus but ex UK years ago.

I have a Kinlon RT200 which is badged Roketa your side of the ocean.

http://www.kinlon.com.au/models.php

They do a 'motard' and a 'road trail' version. A few riders in Aus. have them and they seem OK after you get over the usual dead battery, loose nuts, crap plastics ... in fact, some have modded them with decent exhausts and rear sprockets and got good top speed 70 mph plus. I have a rear sprocket ready to do this, been sitting on the bench for months, but will wait a while as meanwhile it is OK, just slow top-end.

The R/T came with knobbies so is good for my local roads in the bush but they do wear a bit on the tarmac and the 'motard' riders are better off with their tyres. However I do think their prettier plastics would probably fall off if they ever went bush! Most of my riding is gravel; much is even worse, fire-trails and the like and the little beast just sort of keeps on going despite my usual missed gears, over-revving and poor handling. I do a few miles on tarmac into town once a week for supplies and it is too slow for that, 55 to 60 mph is the best comfortable all-day top speed. I am getting on in years so although I used to love fast bikes I now enjoy the slower ride and the chance to see where I am riding instead of just flying past.

Am I right that pics here have to be held on photobucket or similar? I have no such account set up so can't upload pics of bike or the trails I ride yet. Later.

ONE THING I WANT BADLY if anyone has these Roketa or earlier versions, is to find out which sort of luggage rack would bolt on easy ...

Old 12-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #2

Re: g'day

Quote:
Originally Posted by jape
I have been lurking on and off for a couple of years, not much to say but I should say hello! Living in Aus but ex UK years ago.

I have a Kinlon RT200 which is badged Roketa your side of the ocean.

http://www.kinlon.com.au/models.php

They do a 'motard' and a 'road trail' version. A few riders in Aus. have them and they seem OK after you get over the usual dead battery, loose nuts, crap plastics ... in fact, some have modded them with decent exhausts and rear sprockets and got good top speed 70 mph plus. I have a rear sprocket ready to do this, been sitting on the bench for months, but will wait a while as meanwhile it is OK, just slow top-end.

The R/T came with knobbies so is good for my local roads in the bush but they do wear a bit on the tarmac and the 'motard' riders are better off with their tyres. However I do think their prettier plastics would probably fall off if they ever went bush! Most of my riding is gravel; much is even worse, fire-trails and the like and the little beast just sort of keeps on going despite my usual missed gears, over-revving and poor handling. I do a few miles on tarmac into town once a week for supplies and it is too slow for that, 55 to 60 mph is the best comfortable all-day top speed. I am getting on in years so although I used to love fast bikes I now enjoy the slower ride and the chance to see where I am riding instead of just flying past.

Am I right that pics here have to be held on photobucket or similar? I have no such account set up so can't upload pics of bike or the trails I ride yet. Later.

ONE THING I WANT BADLY if anyone has these Roketa or earlier versions, is to find out which sort of luggage rack would bolt on easy ...
Thank you for introducing yourself, Jape! You can post photos on your account here, but I have not done so, myself. As with most people, I just use Photobucket. If you have time, please do start a new thread in our Dual Sport Forum, and post lots of photographs of your bike in its native habitat; we love photos! You can learn how to post photos on these forums by reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=6240

I didn't notice your bike lacks a luggage rack until you mentioned it. I'm afraid I can't make any recommendations, but I hope others will have a good solution for you.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #3

Welcome fellow Commonwealth resident! Thanks for chiming in.

I also use Photobucket to host my photos and them link 'em back here. It's free and relatively painless.

X2 on photos of your bike, and the area you ride in.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #4

thanks for the welcome folks!
Photobucket won't let me upload directly from my computer, a Linux glitch, but I used another method and got just a couple of pics up for now, see new thread
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...=112075#112075

Old 12-08-2010, 03:14 AM   #5

Thank you for starting the new thread, and posting the photos, Jape! You are off to a very good start; we love photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #6

Welcome to the boards.
What part of Australia?
I'm on another motorcycle forum and a few members are Australian.
Bill R

Old 12-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR
Welcome to the boards.
What part of Australia?
I'm on another motorcycle forum and a few members are Australian.
Bill R
There are other motorcycle forums? 8O If so, surely they cannot be as friendly, helpful, and enjoyable as this one?

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 12-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #8

Hi BillR, I am in Central Victoria, which means I am just an hour from the state capital, Melbourne so theoretically can get anything I wish down there, but in fact it is usually easier to go online. faster, cheaper, more choice worldwide than in Aus for many, many things including m'bike parts.

I am a couple of hundred meters up on the ranges (gives me cooler nights thank goodness during the heat) and my property is bordered by forest. which means I live in constant fear of being burnt out but enjoy peace and quiet most of the time, and lots of dirt roads and fire-trails start literally at my doorstep. Most of which see no-one but me for weeks on end!

There IS another Chinabike forum Spud, MCM, but I think you know that .... mainly folks IN China, expats with china-bikes. Haven't seen you there BillR, maybe you mean ADVrider? Good forums complement each other, they don't compete.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #9

Quote:
...There IS another Chinabike forum Spud, MCM, but I think you know that .... mainly folks IN China, expats with china-bikes. Haven't seen you there BillR, maybe you mean ADVrider? Good forums complement each other, they don't compete.
Yes, I'm aware of MyChinaMoto; it's a nice forum. I was just kidding, and referring to motorcycle forums in general, not Chinese motorcycle forums. I also belong to a number of other motorcycle forums; I just like it best here.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #10

Well forums are still people and some are indeed cold and unfriendly. Subtleties of language and expression can easily be missed or misunderstood and off you go into juvenile flame wars. It still happens in some places despite the growing use of the Internet and forums in recent years.

This one seems friendly as you say (must be your sunny personality SpudR?), so I decided to say g'day when I had something relevant to report.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #11

Quote:
...This one seems friendly as you say (must be your sunny personality SpudR?), so I decided to say g'day when I had something relevant to report.
We are certainly glad you joined us, Jape. I'm glad you find these forums friendly.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #12

Quote:
There IS another Chinabike forum Spud, MCM, but I think you know that .... mainly folks IN China, expats with china-bikes. Haven't seen you there BillR, maybe you mean ADVrider? Good forums complement each other, they don't compete.
I'm on one of the MZ Skorpion forums...A Singular Pleasure
Lots of guys in England and Scotland. The rest of us scattered over the world... We're all enamoured with the big single Skorpion, in all 4 versions.
I got back on motorcycles with a Lifan GY-5. Great little bike, but I needed a better ride for sport touring. Sticking around here 'cause of the great crew and I'll probably wind up with another dual sport to play around on... :wink:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
There are other motorcycle forums?
Yes, Spud, there are "other" forums...
Luckily, that one is another bunch of guys that get along well.
Sadly, you gotta join to see the posts.
Bill R

Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #13

jape,
I just wanted to say hello, I'm new on this board also. It appears that we own the same moto (Loncin 193.3 cc) it is called a Mavila Cavalry here in Peru, http://www.mavila.com.pe/x/index.php...2_articleid=46 I'm also looking for a rear luggage rack, it looks like it will have to be custom built.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #14

jape, Mavila is now importing luggage racks, got one today for about US $24, very sturdy, bolts on with no modification.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgringo
jape, Mavila is now importing luggage racks, got one today for about US $24, very sturdy, bolts on with no modification.
That's a nice luggage rack, OG!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220