Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #1

A very well done Maule flying video worth watching

This video is from a member of the Maule forum I am a member of. This guy is a professional bush pilot, but his plane is just like mine but with a larger engine. The takeoff and landing performance is similar.

It's great to see what these planes can do in the proper hands. It's interesting to see how aggressively the pilot has to work the controls to land in such extreme circumstances. The plane looks smooth and stable, but the pilot is working very ahrd to make it that way.

Have fun. Worth the couple minutes.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #2

Cool video! I'm fascinated by the prop interference. I liked the touch and go on the water; looks like fun!

The soundtrack is a good choice. It's called Rebellion by Arcade Fire.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #3

Cool video.

The propeller looks like that because of the way the camera works, it's called rolling shutter, basically when it takes a picture of a frame, it doesn't do it all at once, it rolls along from the top down to the bottom. When the image at the bottom is taken the propeller is in a different spot.
http://www.dvxuser.com/jason/CMOS-CCD/

Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #4

I was not familiar with the music but I liked it also. Many people put too 'edgy' or 'severe' music on their videos and I fing it distracting.

As with motorcycles, instruments, and wrenches its not the tool but the operator. :P This pilot can really fly. I may be good but this man's an artist!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #5

This takes me back to when my dad and I built a 47 Aeronca Cheif from a basket case. He was a bush pilot back in Manitoba for a logging company.

I was 12 years old when we built the Cheif. took us 8 months to build the plane and put skin on it. It was powered by a 65hp Continental engine bolted to a wooden prop. Many happy flights in that little machine, it was really tail heavy though, didn't like any type of aerobatics.

Top speed of 90mph, was almost as fast to drive as it was to fly sometimes, haha.